Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11/22/12: Made reservation #14406
02/12/13: Finalized
02/14/13: Signed Pre-Delivery MVPA
02/26/13: Delivery button appeared, selected factory pick-up
03/04/13: Got VIN P06935
03/08/13: Got a call for pick-up appointment, set for 03/16
03/10/13: Final MVPA

Now just waiting...

As I mentioned on the official forums, I just got a call from my DS. Delivery for #14181, VIN 7266 is scheduled for March 21st at the LA Service Center, one day before my window starts! I still need to get financing sorted through Tesla, so hopefully they don't drag their feet there.

S85/black/gray/piano/air/tech/sound

11/18/2012: Reserved #14,181.
01/15/2013: Finalized. Pre-MVPA signed.
03/08/2013: Delivery button appears: Mar 22nd to Apr 5th to LA Service Center.
03/08/2013: VIN received: 7266.
03/13/2013: Delivery scheduled: Mar 21st at LA Service Center.

Last edited:
This is a great effort, thanks Doug for putting this together. Here's my info:

Reserved Date: 12/29/2011
Reservation Sequence Number: 6492
Invitation to Configure: 10/3/2012
Finalized/Pre-MVPA Signed: 1/2/2013
VIN Received: --
Delivery Window: --
Delivery Scheduled: --
Delivery Location: Orange County, California

P60 (w/Supercharge Opt.)/ Blue/Tan/Obeche Gloss/Pano/19"/Tech/Sound Studio/Rear Seats/ Std. Suspension/Single Charger/

This is a great effort, thanks Doug for putting this together. Here's my info:

Reserved Date: 12/29/2011
Reservation Sequence Number: 6492
Invitation to Configure: 10/3/2012
Finalized/Pre-MVPA Signed: 1/2/2013
VIN Received: --
Delivery Window: --
Delivery Scheduled: --
Delivery Location: Orange County, California

P60 (w/Supercharge Opt.)/ Blue/Tan/Obeche Gloss/Pano/19"/Tech/Sound Studio/Rear Seats/ Std. Suspension/Single Charger/

Hey..maybe we'll bump into each other at one of the OC centers. I too got a 60.

THis is VERY FRUSTRATING. I was a very early customer, Res 4172, and I am seeing delivery after delivery of orders placed as late as Dec 2012 get delivered. No one ever said (in the beginning) that we needed to order certain options to get the car on time. It was stated that "you will be notified about 30 days before delivery to FINALIZE your order, and then your deposit would be Non Refundable". Well I was asked to finalize my order over 90 days ago, but no delivery in sight. I am now locked in and cannot get my money back, cannot make changes and I sit and watch people with reservations in the 10000s getting cars while I get a message, we are sorry, about telling you that your car will be in production in March, we may not get to you until April or May. This all SUCKS. You may have a great car, but you have a terrible customer communication. Everyone recieving cars now, almost all of them, placed orders long after I did. PISSED OFF

If you do have standard suspension as LuckyLuke said then that explains it. Their communication could have been better from the start. Was in known that standard suspension would be later than air suspension when you finalized? I know they weren't expecting April at that time maybe.

I see, you do have standard suspension
Anybody else with standard suspension get this email?

There are many things we didn't know in the beginning and that have shifted over time during the transition from reservations to production. I was told I'd have my car in late 2011 when I reserved for example. This is frustrating but part of the nature of a start up company building their first car (on their own) and ramping up production. They shouldn't make you pay the increase from the price change if you want to add the air suspension though. The reservations were never a guarantee of exact order of delivery. It is natural for someone to look at a reservation number thousands of numbers behind them and wonder why they are getting their car before them.

Updating for spreadsheet:

12/31/12: Reserved #17,527
1/29/13: Invitation to configure
2/21/13: Finalized
2/22/13: pre-MVPA signed/countersigned
3/08/13: Delivery button and delivery email (questionaire). Delivery window of 3/27-4/10
3/11/13: Received VIN via email/call from DES (not app) = 7924
3/14/13: final MVPA in/payment sent
Leesburg, VA

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

THis is VERY FRUSTRATING. I was a very early customer, Res 4172, and I am seeing delivery after delivery of orders placed as late as Dec 2012 get delivered. No one ever said (in the beginning) that we needed to order certain options to get the car on time. It was stated that "you will be notified about 30 days before delivery to FINALIZE your order, and then your deposit would be Non Refundable". Well I was asked to finalize my order over 90 days ago, but no delivery in sight. I am now locked in and cannot get my money back, cannot make changes and I sit and watch people with reservations in the 10000s getting cars while I get a message, we are sorry, about telling you that your car will be in production in March, we may not get to you until April or May. This all SUCKS. You may have a great car, but you have a terrible customer communication. Everyone recieving cars now, almost all of them, placed orders long after I did. PISSED OFF

My notes show that sequence #4271 (60), #6682 (60) and #13184 (85) have standard suspensions and delivery dates this month. (If this is incorrect, please correct me) I also believe that #15617 (85/Standard) expects delivery next week. Standard suspensions are certainly a very rare option, it's likely that less than 5% of all Model S orders are in the standard suspension configuration. I only know of one person #1454 that may have been promised delivery in March. From my perspective, Telsa does not appear to have significantly broken any promises with respect to delivery of Model S cars with standard suspension. I really don't see any reason to be upset at how these deliveries are progressing - you will get you car soon - please let us know how the drive compares to the air option!