Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Dates and Sequencing

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What kind of wrap are you getting and who is doing the work? I get my car in < 2 weeks and need to decide on XPEL. Still looking for recommendations other than Metropolitan Detail, which seems both highly recommended and also very expensive.

I used Auto Armor who installed Xpel Ultimate on the front end, hood and mirrors. When I picked it up on Friday morning, it had lots of bubbles on it. He said they would disappear in 3 to 5 days. Now, two days later, they are mostly gone. Auto Armor price was considerably lower than Metropolitan. You are welcome to take a look at my car in case you want to judge their workmanship yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got delivery of my S85 this Saturday at the SC in Dania Beach, Florida. Went through all the standard stuff with Nathan. Found some very minor scratches and after a bit of coming and going they said they'll send me a few addresses where I can take it to correct it and that that detailing will be paid by them. Right after that I went with my family for an approximately 600 miles trip up and down the Florida Atlantic coast, using both superchargers twice. Must say it was fantastic. It was everything I expected and more.

Now for the pics. Sorry, just iphone pictures for now, so the quality is not great.

IMG_0001.jpg
IMG_0002.jpg
IMG_0005.jpg
IMG_0006.jpg

Got delivery of my S85 this Saturday at the SC in Dania Beach, Florida. Went through all the standard stuff with Nathan. Found some very minor scratches and after a bit of coming and going they said they'll send me a few addresses where I can take it to correct it and that that detailing will be paid by them. Right after that I went with my family for an approximately 600 miles trip up and down the Florida Atlantic coast, using both superchargers twice. Must say it was fantastic. It was everything I expected and more.

Hi Julio,

Congratulations!

Larry

What kind of wrap are you getting and who is doing the work? I get my car in < 2 weeks and need to decide on XPEL. Still looking for recommendations other than Metropolitan Detail, which seems both highly recommended and also very expensive.
I thought I replied to you a couple of days ago. But I don't see see it here.
The wrap was done by Auto Armor in Lynnwood. Their price was substantially lower than Metropolitan. After 4 days, it still shows some air bubbles, but they are mostly gone. I don't know if it is normal to have the air bubbles persist this long. I don't remember it on my Infiniti FX45 eleven years ago!

VIN 26xxx assigned today. Now I can progress from obsessing about my VIN to obsessing about my production date. Thanks Tesla. I wonder if Costco sells Xanax in bulk?

Update: Oh, and they also confirmed my power folding mirror change as well. I found all this out during my usual an accidental dashboard check meaning no e-mails from Tesla.

Last edited:
VIN 26234 assigned today. Now I can progress from obsessing about my VIN to obsessing about my production date. Thanks Tesla. I wonder if Costco sells Xanax in bulk?

Update: Oh, and they also confirmed my power folding mirror change as well. I found all this out during my usual an accidental dashboard check meaning no e-mails from Tesla.

LOVING THE P! Congrats and yes, the wait may require some medication :cool:

One thing that helps that would be to think about the +...just saying.