Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank you for creating this thread, I needed a counseling group! I had my Plaid delivery appointment scheduled for this past Sunday 7/18. When I showed up I was told I couldn’t take it home because it was in containment, no explanation given. Not sure why they didn’t call to tell me! After I saw my delivery updated to 7/20 I called the delivery center for an update yesterday they told me there was no estimated date when it’ll be done, they’ll just keep pushing it back day by day. Sure enough mine now shows 7/21 but it might as well say nothing. I saw Omar posted that there was a SW update on his Plaid this morning, fingers crossed that’s the hold up but I have no clue
Probably a critical patch was rolled out based on production build and testing it on cars that are already on road before pushing the update to cars due for delivery. Still holding 7/24 2PM as ETD for my car. 🤞

Probably a critical patch was rolled out based on production build and testing it on cars that are already on road before pushing the update to cars due for delivery. Still holding 7/24 2PM as ETD for my car. 🤞
My VIN got assigned on the 8th also and the transport my car allegedly arrives on tomorrow, came from Chicago. They must have all rolled off the line about the same time.

Thank you for creating a new discussion thread for this @MrExitStrategy I appreciate it!

I'm very likely in this boat too. I got my VIN on 7/2, service center called on 7/8 to setup a delivery appointment for 7/16, then received a text the next day changing my delivery appointment a week later- this Friday, 7/23 and that date has not changed as of yet. This isn't my first Tesla so I've learned how fickle these dates can be under normal circumstances, let alone with the added complexity of whatever this hold is.

Thank you for creating a new discussion thread for this @MrExitStrategy I appreciate it!

I'm very likely in this boat too. I got my VIN on 7/2, service center called on 7/8 to setup a delivery appointment for 7/16, then received a text the next day changing my delivery appointment a week later- this Friday, 7/23 and that date has not changed as of yet. This isn't my first Tesla so I've learned how fickle these dates can be under normal circumstances, let alone with the added complexity of whatever this hold is.
Let's hope it's the software update that was rolled out last night and that we get our cars today or tomorrow!

Since there seems to be a (nationwide?) delivery hold on the Model S this week. There are at least three of four of us on this forum that were supposed to get our cars this week but have been told there was a delivery hold from Engineering at Fremont. Someone said it was related to a charge port, some other said it might be software related. So I thought I'd create a new thread on this so we can have all info on one thread since the main "Model S Delivery Update" is soo active it's hard to keep track of.

Mine was supposed to be delivered today (Monday 7/19 at 10AM CST) but got a call around 11:45AM from the delivery center saying that they've been told to hold the vehicle for further inspection and could not give me any specifics. My delivery date has been rescheduled to 7/24.

If you have any updates, please post them here.
Chiming in on this thread.... Thanks for creating it... a few thoughts.

My Model S Refresh was ordered JAN 27th.
LR, White, Cream, 21" Rims, FSD.

I had originally secured financing, but my SA had told me last week , that it EXPIRED! and I had to reapply.... (I did and rate is similar)...but wow.. Its been a long year of waiting,
My Original EDD was March!

(1) Im tryin g to determine WHEN my VIN was assigned... (It has been a few weeks)... Can i tell by the Vin itself?

(2) My EDD has always been a rolling block of 4 days going back a week or so... each day goes from #TODAY until 3 days for #TODAY.... (i,.e rolling)

(3) I think it is probably hardware related ... I think others have guessed alternate chip... I think you might be right...

(4) slightly off topic.. (forgive me) does this site have a DISCORD Server/Channel for us Tesla users.... I like Discord because it allows Real time chatting , and if you miss a message...you can always log in and go back through the conversations....

Looking forward to sharing any info I receive...and learning here.,... Cheers folks

~RP

Reactions: TNGuy99
Chiming in on this thread.... Thanks for creating it... a few thoughts.

My Model S Refresh was ordered JAN 27th.
LR, White, Cream, 21" Rims, FSD.

I had originally secured financing, but my SA had told me last week , that it EXPIRED! and I had to reapply.... (I did and rate is similar)...but wow.. Its been a long year of waiting,
My Original EDD was March!

(1) Im tryin g to determine WHEN my VIN was assigned... (It has been a few weeks)... Can i tell by the Vin itself?

(2) My EDD has always been a rolling block of 4 days going back a week or so... each day goes from #TODAY until 3 days for #TODAY.... (i,.e rolling)

(3) I think it is probably hardware related ... I think others have guessed alternate chip... I think you might be right...

(4) slightly off topic.. (forgive me) does this site have a DISCORD Server/Channel for us Tesla users.... I like Discord because it allows Real time chatting , and if you miss a message...you can always log in and go back through the conversations....

Looking forward to sharing any info I receive...and learning here.,... Cheers folks

~RP
Don't think you can tell by the VIN as it's more like when the vehicle was manufactured and not necessary when it was assigned. But you should be able to find your email saying the VIN was available. Mine was subjected "Model S Financed VIN Available" it could be different though
1626795375627.png

I'm hoping it's a software issue so we can get ours quickly after a patch :) but yeah a hardware issue could make more sense...

I've never used DISCORD but will need to explore, please let me know if you find a good one for Tesla

Don't think you can tell by the VIN as it's more like when the vehicle was manufactured and not necessary when it was assigned. But you should be able to find your email saying the VIN was available. Mine was subjected "Model S Financed VIN Available" it could be different thoughView attachment 686214

I'm hoping it's a software issue so we can get ours quickly after a patch :) but yeah a hardware issue could make more sense...

I've never used DISCORD but will need to explore, please let me know if you find a good one for Tesla
i have the perfect Tesla Discord Server let me know and i can get you in.

Don't think you can tell by the VIN as it's more like when the vehicle was manufactured and not necessary when it was assigned. But you should be able to find your email saying the VIN was available. Mine was subjected "Model S Financed VIN Available" it could be different thoughView attachment 686214

Thanks for the info.
I never received an email announcing my VIN assignment... (Idid with my last TESLA), ... it just showed up in my portal......
Yes.. I am on an existing TESLA Discord channel .... let me know if you want an invite

Damn not me! I've legit gotten almost ZERO communication initiated by Tesla to me through this entire process. I've gotten 3 automated messages to review my lease agreement. I only know about my VIN by refreshing the site. No calls, no carrier pigeon, nothing. I call my SC and I get some assbag with an attitude that acts like I am getting a favor by them even answering.

I am also the only person out of a group of 4 people all picking up at the same SC this week, without and actual appointment or link to submit payment. Not remotely confidence inspiring!

• Informative
Reactions: TNGuy99
I started a thread on this a few days ago but everyone ignored it.

My friends car and now mine are on hold. My car arrived at the dealer on the 15th. I was going to take delivery on the 18th. No word from even higher ups at Tesla.
Definitely didn't see that thread otherwise I would definitely follow that one. I think more people are now aware of the issues as more and more of us getting our cars held. Let's hope it resolves soon whatever it is :(

Damn not me! I've legit gotten almost ZERO communication initiated by Tesla to me through this entire process. I've gotten 3 automated messages to review my lease agreement. I only know about my VIN by refreshing the site. No calls, no carrier pigeon, nothing. I call my SC and I get some assbag with an attitude that acts like I am getting a favor by them even answering.

I am also the only person out of a group of 4 people all picking up at the same SC this week, without and actual appointment or link to submit payment. Not remotely confidence inspiring!
Yeah, I get that they sometimes don't get the info they should from corporate, but come on, how hard is it to be nice to their customers? At least return a phone call

Yeah, I get that they sometimes don't get the info they should from corporate, but come on, how hard is it to be nice to their customers? At least return a phone call
Couldn’t agree more. Never thought I’d be an inconvenience to a company I’m buying a $130k car from but that’s certainly how they make me feel. Rarely, if ever, get replies to calls, texts or emails. It’s a shame this hasn’t publicly hurt the business (and stock price) - then they’d care.

Couldn’t agree more. Never thought I’d be an inconvenience to a company I’m buying a $130k car from but that’s certainly how they make me feel. Rarely, if ever, get replies to calls, texts or emails. It’s a shame this hasn’t publicly hurt the business (and stock price) - then they’d care.
I know this is gonna ruffle some fanbois feathers, but Tesla is an awful organization that makes a tremendous product.

I know this is gonna ruffle some fanbois feathers, but Tesla is an awful organization that makes a tremendous product.
They are like Apple and i have succeeded at avoiding their products completely for that reason. But I cannot resist the Tesla product! And now I am the equivalent of a fanboy camping in front of the store. The Plaid is making me a hypocrite, lol, but i am not leaving my place in line even as they usher others at the back past me and i have to watch them drive away.