Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this is gonna ruffle some fanbois feathers, but Tesla is an awful organization that makes a tremendous product.
This is my first Tesla however Aqqle schooled me for decades on how to be patient with a horrible company that makes great products that they let you (own) so I am waiting patiently in a vacuum anticipating the magic call at some point. Portal went from blank to August a week ago and I thought I was born again :cool:

I know this is gonna ruffle some fanbois feathers, but Tesla is an awful organization that makes a tremendous product.
Unfortunately I couldn’t agree more based on this experience and I’ve referred them to a good friend who now owns one. TBH, my biggest concern now is the lack of transparency around this issue. No one I’ve spoken to was willing (or able) to explain what was going on however I just spoke to my delivery contact and one confirmed it’s a firmware issue. Hopefully they fix it soon and don’t string us along for weeks 🤞

Last edited:
I stopped by at my SC earlier today to check if my car had arrived (my SA had said it may arrive a day early, viz., today). Was able to find out that it is in PA and should arrive tomorrow. My next question was regarding the hold-up on deliveries that I have heard others speak of. Nobody in the SC had any idea about these software OR firmware issues!! The extent of communication gap even within Tesla is mind boggling…

Unfortunately I couldn’t agree more based on this experience and I’ve referred them to a good friend who now owns one. TBH, my biggest concern now is the lack of transparency around this issue. No one I’ve spoken to was willing (or able) to explain what was going on however I just spoke to my delivery contact and one confirmed it’s a firmware issue. Hopefully they fix it soon and don’t string us along for weeks 🤞
That's good to hear that they were able to confirm it's a firmware issue. There was an update last night, so maybe they're just waiting for them to roll out to all being held, so hopefully that means we'll get our cars tomorrow! (I guess I haven't learned my lesson...)

This hold is really killing me haha. I'm going to stop by the local SC later this afternoon where my car is today and talk to them to get more info and will share.
So I stopped by the SC this afternoon and the only thing I was able to confirmed was that my car was inside the building (and not outside) lol Asking about the hold, he said they still had no idea but guessing it's a software issue; otherwise, they would be ordering parts.
So yeah not much of an update as expected...

Has anyone had their deliveries released? I am supposed to get mine Monday and traveling from out of town and worry it won't be ready.
My delivery rep said that if i'm out of town when the car delivery is scheduled, they will accept any time that works for me once the hold is released. Unless you plan to drive the new car on you trip, you should be fine to schedule the delivery on your return.

• Informative
Reactions: TNGuy99
My delivery rep said that if i'm out of town when the car delivery is scheduled, they will accept any time that works for me once the hold is released. Unless you plan to drive the new car on you trip, you should be fine to schedule the delivery on your return.
I heard the same thing as I am out for 2 weeks starting next week. They said they would drop it at my house and even put it in the garage for me. I am in Texas so I already have paid for it so that may be why they can just drop it off.

Red Plaid S for NY area scheduled for 7/17. We were called late 7/16 to be told that car is delayed in transit. This morphed over the weekend to car is scheduled to arrive 7/19 but will be put on hold until HQ releases details on how to perform recently mandated "in-depth quality inspections". As of an hour ago today (7/21) our rep has no details from HQ on how to proceed. They stated "All Model S are experiencing these holds". I am sad for the delays but somewhat glad to have found this thread as the lack of details had me worrying our car was damaged in transport and the fix on new model was still unknown. Appears that is unlikely and we are part of whatever broader hold is in place.
Hurry up and wait time..

Throwing my name in the hat as affected by this. Looks like they won't even ship my car until they figure this out. SA seems to be in the dark and is confident the delivery date of August 3rd is accurate despite it slipping from an initial date of July 16th.

Hope you all get your cars soon!
August 3?!?! Damn, that's a long time, I was hoping something by the end of the week :(