Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Delivery Hold Week of July 19 2021

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got the "inspection delay" call yesterday from local dealer delivery center. LR model. Delivery that was scheduled for tomorrow (Monday, July 26) was cancelled. The woman said she would call me asap, when permitted, to reschedule. Doesn't do a lot for confidence in the brand and quality control for what would be my first Tesla...

I got the "inspection delay" call yesterday from local dealer delivery center. LR model. Delivery that was scheduled for tomorrow (Monday, July 26) was cancelled. The woman said she would call me asap, when permitted, to reschedule. Doesn't do a lot for confidence in the brand and quality control for what would be my first Tesla...
Did you order with 19" or 21" wheels? When did you place your order?

Here’s mine.

Attachments

• 127A21A4-621D-4883-AF4C-C2FF9345521C.jpeg
    127A21A4-621D-4883-AF4C-C2FF9345521C.jpeg
    738.1 KB · Views: 99
Reactions: mikes_fsd
21" wheels. Order first placed Feb 2021 with April delivery date. April then became May. May then became July. And yesterday I got the call about the inspection delay...
Thanks. Best of luck to you. Hope you get it soon and it exceeds your expectations.
As you may know cars with 19" wheels have be delayed. Not sure what the real reason other than speculation that it is a sourcing issue. I ordered mine with 19" wheels based on the fact that it gives slightly better range and smoother ride.

Reactions: T-Racer
Love the red. I am a first time Tesla owner. Can you or someone elaborate more on the panel gap situation? I have heard this before. Is there a specific spot this is common, what should I watch for when we pick up?
Thanks! The red is super awesome and loving the heck out of it. The interior is amazing and I LOVE the yoke. I could never go back now....

Well this is the first time I've personally noticed panel gaps based on so many other forum comments (I had not seen them on my previous two model S', 2013 and 2016) Perhaps others more knowledgeable about such issues can comment. Mine seems most pronounced with the hood (and fender) and rear lift-gate (and quarter panels).

Reactions: T-Racer and cwanja
Love the red. I am a first time Tesla owner. Can you or someone elaborate more on the panel gap situation? I have heard this before. Is there a specific spot this is common, what should I watch for when we pick up?
Thanks! The red is super awesome and loving the heck out of it. The interior is amazing and I LOVE the yoke. I could never go back now....

Well this is the first time I've personally noticed panel gaps based on so many other forum comments (I had not seen them on my previous two model S', 2013 and 2016) Perhaps others more knowledgeable about such issues can comment. Mine seems most pronounced with the hood (and fender) and rear lift-gate (and quarter panels).
I am not sure there is a “gotcha” so far that we have seen, other than the rear interior door jam panels - the silver does not line up. But that is not going to be able to be fixed, that will require a whole redone interior door panel.

As @derevan007 mentioned, the tailgate seems pretty common from June and thus far into July. One side is higher than the other. Other then that, not seeing much. I recall seeing a door off here or there, but it is not grossly overdone. Walk around your vehicle up close and from afar and see if anything sticks out to you. If it does, ask Tesla. They will check it out, see if its “within spec” and if not, get it fixed.

Just look it over. If you see something that looks like a problem then tell them about it. Your car will likely be fine.

I am not sure there is a “gotcha” so far that we have seen, other than the rear interior door jam panels - the silver does not line up. But that is not going to be able to be fixed, that will require a whole redone interior door panel.

As @derevan007 mentioned, the tailgate seems pretty common from June and thus far into July. One side is higher than the other. Other then that, not seeing much. I recall seeing a door off here or there, but it is not grossly overdone. Walk around your vehicle up close and from afar and see if anything sticks out to you. If it does, ask Tesla. They will check it out, see if its “within spec” and if not, get it fixed.

Thanks guys this helps!