Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally mine is in transit :)

1416xxx
Confirmed : 5/27
Production start: 6/1

Hopefully can pickup in a few days
Finally mine is in transit :)

1416xxx
Confirmed : 5/27
Production start: 6/1

Hopefully can pickup in a few days

That's funny; my VIN is just one number behind yours 1415xxx
Produktion started at the beginning of May; now its on the ship to Europe; forcasted delivery date at Frankfurt is end of June; I ordered a 90D with all options except air suspension.

Oh man, the fun continues. I've finally got delivery set up for my 90D next Tuesday (ordered 3/30), but now there's an issue with financing. I applied for and was approved for a lease months ago. The terms of the lease included $5000 due at lease signing ($2500 deposit + $2500). However I just got the delivery payment email from Tesla, and they're claiming that I owe $17,000 at delivery! The final price of the car with tax is $121k, but they're showing the lease amount as only being $101k.

Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, how did you get it resolved?

Just picked up..
tesla1.JPG

I went last weekend to talk to someone (since I had the feeling production was about to begin). I then thought about the parts of my previous cars where I've had bumps and scrapes. Granted, I'll have a back up camera now, and the side warnings but I thought I should protect those parts of my car where I'm not so careful. And then I thought about my wheels too! Especially since I've seen fb posts from people who are scuffing their wheels.

I think I'm getting modesta put on my wheels (I looked into the cost of doing it myself and decided it's not worth it). Doing a full wrap and window tint (it's hot here in Texas and everything is bigger ;) so we need to extend range any way we can).

I've pretty much settled on a full wrap, Modesta, and Photosync tint. Pricey, but then, so is the car. I plan on keeping it a good while and would like to keep the new look as long as possible. I have no experience with wraps, but hear lots of positive stories. My wife has Modesta on her car and it is very shiny and sheds dirt well, so that was a no-brainer.

• Informative
Reactions: vtvox and LAN1017
I've pretty much settled on a full wrap, Modesta, and Photosync tint. Pricey, but then, so is the car. I plan on keeping it a good while and would like to keep the new look as long as possible. I have no experience with wraps, but hear lots of positive stories. My wife has Modesta on her car and it is very shiny and sheds dirt well, so that was a no-brainer.
Are you doing the modesta over or under the full wrap? What about the wheels? Glad to hear that you've had a good experience with the modesta.

I was thinking it was pricey too, but my husband reminded me that if I've spent this much already and am going to do coverage, I might was well do the whole thing. I too am hoping to keep the car for a while. Perhaps long enough so that my next car can be a fuel cell. :rolleyes:

I've sort of considered doing an exterior film on the windshield to prevent rock chips, but that might not be such a good idea.

Reactions: Mailtrey
At last, it is finally here and was worth the (excruciating 51 day order to delivery) wait. Great delivery experience in Costa Mesa. They took time to explain the features of the car and we took my new baby out on a fun AutoPilot test drive. Very relaxed and no rush at all - Thanks to the Costa Mesa team!

Absolutely love the car! Now, I just need to get my Matt Black TST's installed :)

2016-06-08 11.08.14.jpg

My P90DL (Silver, all options except rear seats) went into production this morning! VIN 144xxx. Expected in a couple of weeks, unless there are any unexpected production or transportation delays. They ship by truck to Colorado, and my wife's X took 20 days from start of production to delivery.

I hope others waiting to start production get the good news soon!

WOW.....Silver, I've been looking for someone to get this color for a while......did you get the grey wheels?......saw the silver on an MX a couple weeks ago and man it was beautiful......my heart is torn for Silver = Light or MC Red = Dark

I went last weekend to talk to someone (since I had the feeling production was about to begin). I then thought about the parts of my previous cars where I've had bumps and scrapes. Granted, I'll have a back up camera now, and the side warnings but I thought I should protect those parts of my car where I'm not so careful. And then I thought about my wheels too! Especially since I've seen fb posts from people who are scuffing their wheels.

I think I'm getting modesta put on my wheels (I looked into the cost of doing it myself and decided it's not worth it). Doing a full wrap and window tint (it's hot here in Texas and everything is bigger ;) so we need to extend range any way we can).

I had Modesta on my entire car and loved it. Had the wheels done too. Don't think the wheels were worth the price. If you are going to scrape your wheels, and I know you will, it is not really any help.

One thing I wish I had done differently ... for the benefit of others here ... is get on top of the "paint protection" options earlier on. It just didn't really cross my mind. And there are a TON of options to consider!
And it makes all the sense in the world to maybe at least consider additional protection for a $100k car. My mind wasn't there ... more like, "Hey, it's new, it'll look new." Yeah duh ... but it comes down to maintenance of that look ... what is it worth?
So I'll take delivery, have the car for a few days, even before I can sit down in person with the detailers to discuss pricing and options. And this is definitely something I want to discuss face-to-face, maybe see some of the work, and definitely lay out options in terms of price and protection goals.
It doesn't hurt anyone to have this discussion with the detailer(s) anytime before taking delivery. Then like many smart folks have done, just drive the car over to the shop and get it knocked out.
This is one piece of advice I'd give others based on my experience so far here with the delivery process.
It is painful to wait so long just to turn it over to someone for a few days but... Totally worth it. I waited a year with my first one, and went with CQuartz Finest. That's a good option, but lasts only a couple of years. Opticoat Pro is good, too, and lasts a bit longer. For this new baby, I decided to go bigger and get gtechniq crystal serum plus Xpel on the nose. 7 years for this coating and it looks and feels incredible. And I'm glad I bit the bullet and had it done right away, too.

Are you doing the modesta over or under the full wrap? What about the wheels? Glad to hear that you've had a good experience with the modesta.

I was thinking it was pricey too, but my husband reminded me that if I've spent this much already and am going to do coverage, I might was well do the whole thing. I too am hoping to keep the car for a while. Perhaps long enough so that my next car can be a fuel cell. :rolleyes:

I've sort of considered doing an exterior film on the windshield to prevent rock chips, but that might not be such a good idea.

Paint correction (if needed), then Clearguard Nano wrap, then Modesta on paint surfaces and wheels. The Modesta won't help with scuffing the wheels, but makes them much easier to clean and avoid brake dust. Also getting CQuartz glass coating because I've had a lot of trouble with bad water and acid rain that spots and pits the glass. All this is probably overkill, but this will be the nicest car I've owned. ;)

Reactions: vtvox and Zybd1201
I live here in Portland and I'm expecting a MS 70D soon. It just went into production on 6/6. I have a couple of questions for you.... How long after the car went into production did you receive the vehicle? How long did it take for them to truck it up her? And, how long was it at the facility before you could pick it up?
Thank you

It probably varies a bit as they batch cars, but I got the in production e-mail just before midnight on May 23, and I heard from my DS that the car was offloaded from the truck in Portland on May 31. It probably would have been the 30th if it wasn't a holiday. The earliest pick up date they could arrange was June 6. So it was just shy of 2 weeks from start of production to delivery.

They had two truck load of cars arrive on Monday when I picked up the car. They seemed to indicate they were getting more than 2 truck loads a week.

The Portland Service Center is badly backed up. They now have to do a lot more inspection of the Xs coming in which probably slows everything down. Tesla Portland was in the news yesterday. Tesla has leased an old warehouse on the waterfront. A group of bicycle advocates asked Tesla to extend the waterfront bike path through Tesla's property and Tesla has agreed to do it. They don't have to, but it's good advertising.

Reactions: newtman