Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
in the process of figuring out finance and trades. Wondering if anyone can offer some suggestion -

i have two cars I’m trading/selling for the new Tesla. My Q is which car should I trade and which to sell?

——————

Car A-
trade value: 36300 (after accounting for tax benefits — 39500)
Private sell: 40,000

Car B-
trade value: 17100 (after accounting for tax benefit —- 18600)
Private sell: 17800

——————

Since it’s a wash to sell or trade Car A, perhaps it’s more advantageous for me to trade Car B because I’ll maximize my return for Car B?

However, the other issue is- Car B is able to give me the best tax advantage/reduction if I opt to trade in B instead.

Of note - car B has a 11k payoff with the bank.

In the end, what’s the best approach? Thanks!

in the process of figuring out finance and trades. Wondering if anyone can offer some suggestion -

i have two cars I’m trading/selling for the new Tesla. My Q is which car should I trade and which to sell?

——————

Car A-

Car B-

——————

Since it’s a wash to sell or trade Car A, perhaps it’s more advantageous for me to trade Car B because I’ll maximize my return for Car B?

However, the other issue is- Car B is able to give me the best tax advantage/reduction if I opt to trade in B instead.

Private sale prices are never guaranteed. I'd take the 'sure money' and trade in Car A. What if the best private off you get for it is 38,000? Then you've left money on the table.

Reactions: MYP24

——————

Car A-

Car B-

——————

I would trade in car A and sell car B

It would be a lot easier to sell a 17k car vs a 40k car.