Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So you think Tesla forgot to read that part, is collecting the tax, and not giving it to CA?
Buying with
Infrastructure bill in its current form has as much chance of passing as @Tigers has of his car getting delivered on 6/3/21
Mancin has already said as much
if you’re right and there is no Infrastructure bill with significant EV funding this year I’ll eat my hat!

It may be that plaid after a few months of deliveries, turns out to be a compelling car, while the plus keeps getting pushed out like the roadster.

Wait and see is a good approach if you were already waiting...
This is my concern and why I’m considering an alternative car in the meantime. I looked into vehicle subscriptions, but either they’re not being offered where I live, or not compelling enough yet.

Reactions: TNGuy99
I disagree with an any govt incentives for EV cars. Total waste of taxpayer money. No one paying this much for any luxury EV car should get any tax incentive. If you can afford a car this much, you don’t need any incentive. Whole country will bankrupt soon with all these give always.

If people want EV, then buy EV, but buy it without any incentive. Let the competition drive the prices too.
The EV incentive (if passed) will be for EVs below a certain price point. I doubt anyone here will be getting the (potential) tax credit and most of us know that.
You would have a good point if people buying $100k+ EVs were getting tax credits but that’s not the case. You should check out Warren Redlich’s video posted today on the tropic.

Edit: still June

Reactions: Milamber
Is there a difference in taxes if you purchase FSD prior to delivery or afterwards? I see that if I configure it now as part of the car, then there is a tax on the 10k (i.e. total price of the car increases by around $10,800).
If I purchase it at a later date, will I be taxed on the $10k?

Update: I'm asking about California
The benefit of adding FSD after delivery is that every year you license your vehicle you will be taxed at a 10k lower vehicle valuation. I added FSD with my Cybertruck because I got FSD locked in at $7000. But I will be taxed for $77000 instead of $70000 and every year I will be taxed at the higher valuation. So Unless you are locking in the FSD price, it is wiser to add it after delivery.

Where y’all seeing the option to remove FSD? I am not seeing it

CA883383-24F6-4720-875A-8F908DC58F20.jpeg

The benefit of adding FSD after delivery is that every year you license your vehicle you will be taxed at a 10k lower vehicle valuation. I added FSD with my Cybertruck because I got FSD locked in at $7000. But I will be taxed for $77000 instead of $70000 and every year I will be taxed at the higher valuation. So Unless you are locking in the FSD price, it is wiser to add it after delivery.
Unless you live in states like GA where we do ad valorem and pay upfront. No crazy taxes in perpetuity. Our normal registration is $25/year. EV is like $200/yr with the road use tax added.