Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Model S Delivery Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m assuming you stuck with the red, in which case you’re gonna definitely love it.

Just came home from a 4.5k mile road trip to South Carolina and Florida. Every time I walked away from the car I couldn’t help but look back. It looks so nice! In the day time, but especially at night with some lights on it, color looks so deep.

IMG_0513.jpeg
IMG_0512.jpeg
IMG_0429.jpeg
IMG_0403.jpeg
IMG_0400.jpeg

Here's my journey:

4/12: Ordered MSP: Pearl White with cream interior Sports, 19" Tempest wheels, regular steering wheel. May - June
4/28: updated to June - July
5/5: Updated to July - August (realized it was the cream seats delaying, researched cream seat resales, saw a definite larger depreciation on these seats and started rethinking decision, Trade-in value disapeared
5/15: Saw a Pearl White with black interior Sport Seats, yoke steering wheel, 19" tempest, in transit to my NJ showroom. Texted delivery, within 25 mins they updated my order, sent me the VIN and had me start completing final steps, as car was showing 5/19 - 5/25 delivery.
5/16: Insurance sent, cash sent, getting excited, still no trade in value.
5/24: Saw Lunar Silver announcment, immediately knew I wanted that color, texted delivery again, told them change back to regular steering wheel. they made the changes and delivery changed to 6/19 - 6/25. NO VIn. Still no trade in value given
5/30: VIN received! Delivery moved up 6/12 - 6/19. Still no trade in value. so I can't complete next steps of payment...however they have been happily holding my $65K as I wait my trade-in on my 2018 100D to be update.....
6/4: No updates, still shows 'complete your tasks' which I can't do (outside sharing my insurance, which is done) since trade in value still pending. Still shows 6/12 - 6/19.

Looking forward to being one of the first in North Central NJ to have a Plaid in Lunar with the black sport speats however. Will share experience with the Springfield, NJ delivery center and photos when received!

(and yes, I refresh app only like 57 times a day)

Here's my journey:

4/12: Ordered MSP: Pearl White with cream interior Sports, 19" Tempest wheels, regular steering wheel. May - June
4/28: updated to June - July
5/5: Updated to July - August (realized it was the cream seats delaying, researched cream seat resales, saw a definite larger depreciation on these seats and started rethinking decision, Trade-in value disapeared
5/15: Saw a Pearl White with black interior Sport Seats, yoke steering wheel, 19" tempest, in transit to my NJ showroom. Texted delivery, within 25 mins they updated my order, sent me the VIN and had me start completing final steps, as car was showing 5/19 - 5/25 delivery.
5/16: Insurance sent, cash sent, getting excited, still no trade in value.
5/24: Saw Lunar Silver announcment, immediately knew I wanted that color, texted delivery again, told them change back to regular steering wheel. they made the changes and delivery changed to 6/19 - 6/25. NO VIn. Still no trade in value given
5/30: VIN received! Delivery moved up 6/12 - 6/19. Still no trade in value. so I can't complete next steps of payment...however they have been happily holding my $65K as I wait my trade-in on my 2018 100D to be update.....
6/4: No updates, still shows 'complete your tasks' which I can't do (outside sharing my insurance, which is done) since trade in value still pending. Still shows 6/12 - 6/19.

Looking forward to being one of the first in North Central NJ to have a Plaid in Lunar with the black sport speats however. Will share experience with the Springfield, NJ delivery center and photos when received!

(and yes, I refresh app only like 57 times a day)
And, just like that my delivery date moved up today by a few days..now it's 6/7 - 6/16 from the 6/12 - 6/19. Why do they tease us so? Still no update on my trade in value. It was $32,600 until the trade in window closed. Imagine it'll suddenly be $30K now, which is still better than the $20,800 - $27,000 the car buying sites around me are offering for my 2018 MS100 with 39K miles and lots of upgrades like the sun roof, split tires, upgraded rims, sound, new MPU etc.

I was shocked te
Update: delivery date is tomorrow morning 😁
Good sign, cars are moving

How did you go from VIN assignment to delivery in Texas within a day? Turbo-trains? Or perhaps they were holding back VIN assignments for some reason. When Ingot my M3P VIN, it was the day it rolled off the line. Regardless, congratulations and pics please!
I don't know how I went from a change order to a VIN on a just released color to it's here 6/7 - 6/19. Still won't believe it til my ass is in the sport seat.

And Tesla never fails to disapoint, my trade in dropped from $32,600 to $24,600 in two weeks. How's that for a punch in the gut. On a car I paid $68K for used 27 months ago
That completely sucks. I’d love to see the rationale for that. What a business model - delay delay delay your deliveries, then hammer the trade values. Just sell it outright and skip the trade altogether.

That completely sucks. I’d love to see the rationale for that. What a business model - delay delay delay your deliveries, then hammer the trade values. Just sell it outright and skip the trade altogether.
What a Tesla rep told me before is that they go by auction prices, the amount they offer is the amount they’ll get when they send the car to the auction.

And Tesla never fails to disapoint, my trade in dropped from $32,600 to $24,600 in two weeks. How's that for a punch in the gut. On a car I paid $68K for used 27 months ago
I would, but all the offers on sites are $22,400 - $25,200. Selling on own, looking into it.
So what you are saying is Tesla’s original offer was over inflated and it came down to market value and you are upset?

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird