Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Facelift is Here (poll)

An improvement ???

• Better

Votes: 74 71.8%
  • Worse

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Maybe

Votes: 23 22.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now on the Tesla website with a bit of a price rise ...

Model S.png

(Thanks for noticing LGGD)

I actually don't mind it too much, the lines seem to work well together. Good job Tesla!

Got to say the Model X front looks absolutely hideous when switching between the two now. Wonder if we'll get a Model X facelift based upon the new Model S ;)

Complete with new led cornering headlamps, hepa filter, centre console, and whar appears to be an added panel above the glove compartment?, piano black interior no longer available. Choice of 4 fake woods or a fake carbon fibre. Funny how wood interiors carry through from the horse and cart days.

Last edited:
I quite like this new look and I think removing the grill is a great idea. It would be better for aerodynamics and pedestrian crash safety. The LED headlights are a very welcome addition but I wonder if we will be able to retrofit them into our existing model?

I quite like this new look and I think removing the grill is a great idea. It would be better for aerodynamics and pedestrian crash safety. The LED headlights are a very welcome addition but I wonder if we will be able to retrofit them into our existing model?
Yup, that's the main question- retrofit for the headlights???? Would be excellent.
Care not about the "grill" replacement.
Filter retrofit??

curious to know what they have done with the battery posts that used to live behind the nose cone.
Maybe they've moved the 12V battery so it's accessible like in a normal car! One can hope....

Wow, that price rise... a maxed-out P90DL is now $287k in WA. Will it push over the $300k mark once the 100kWh battery makes an appearance?
Seems to be a big jump just selecting the 90 model. You can get a pretty well optioned 70 for less than the base 90D now. Would seem to be a better use of the $ if on a budget given there's not that big of a difference in real world range.

I just don't miss the door pockets. I set my centre console up efficiently, and have gotten very used to not having coins and rubbish flying around my door making noises. Possibly co-incides with my uptake on paywave and what seems like a lack of need for loose coins.
A 12V socket in the boot would be brilliant though, as would a better way to open and especially close the froot.