Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S floor mats in Tesla Store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One issue I have is the Tesla branded mats for interior are only 30 oz nylon versus 32 oz for Lloyd ultimate or 40 oz for these 2013 Tesla Model S Floor Mats | CarCoverPlanet.com
The last one only offers the interior mats, but at a greater thickness yarn. Not sure yet the tesla logo is worth another $100 for something that should have been standard for us all. Big screwup by Tesla.

You'll know when I know - I assume they'll show up in the online store. I'm guessing by end of January, but I don't know that.

If I were you, I'd call my local store & see if they were willing to put me on a list with my cc# - in case there is a shortage of stock when they first offer. They may or may not be willing to do that.

Maybe they will have a reservation system for the floor mats, too.:rolleyes:

The all weather floor mat for the Frunk will be available first, with the other sets to follow in a month or two after that.

I ordered a full set of mats (plus frunk cargo net) yesterday (Sat):
1x Premium Carpet Floor Mats - Interior Set (3 pieces) for $ 250.00 each
1x Premium Carpet Floor Mats - Frunk Set (1 piece) for $ 150.00 each
1x Model S Cargo Net for $ 49.00 each
1x Premium Carpet Floor Mats - Trunk Set (2 pieces) for $ 250.00 each

I'll post a review once received.

So the Tesla website is once again listing the floor mats, but they are listed as temporarily out of stock and won't allow you to order them.

I did manage to place an order back on December 28th, but my credit card has not been charged and I've received no shipping confirmation. Yesterday I reached out to Tesla via e-mail and received an update that the items are out of stock. Once they are back to a regular schedule orders will take 3-10 business days to fill from time of order.

So has anyone been charged or receiving shipping confirmation on these?

Given there is no option to just buy a 2nd row floor mat I'm assuming everyone who has a car delivered without the 2nd row mats will then get them free? Otherwise seems kind of crappy to force you to buy the interior set ($250) which leaves you with an extra driver and passenger mat. If not maybe they will offer a new set with just the 2nd row for a reduced price.

Given there is no option to just buy a 2nd row floor mat I'm assuming everyone who has a car delivered without the 2nd row mats will then get them free? Otherwise seems kind of crappy to force you to buy the interior set ($250) which leaves you with an extra driver and passenger mat. If not maybe they will offer a new set with just the 2nd row for a reduced price.

the rear mats will not be free. I queried ownership about this,and they sent me back an email saying "they were not included" and for me to order them through Tesla and they provided the link to the temporarily out of stock floor mats. crazy the rear mats are not included and even crazier that you cannot order just the rear mat.

So has anyone been charged or receiving shipping confirmation on these?

I received a similar message regarding the mats:
"... The item you ordered from our website(1019287-00-A Interior Set,1019286-00-A Frunk Set, 1019288-00-A Trunk Set) is currently out of stock. Typically, we will have stock of this item within 3-10 working days, and will fill the order at that time, and ship as per the original ship priority...".

I also ordered the cargo net at the same time, and it was delivered today (the price dropped from $49 to $20 after I placed the order). My credit card was billed for the full amount of the order today.

Last edited:
I'm very upset about this! So it seems Tesla has time to make floor mats at an extra cost but not the standard ones that come with my car. I have a performance these should be standard in the performance model. My car was delivered without floor mats and no spoiler! Spoiler I can understand but no floor mats! Not to mention my right rear passenger door wont open from the outside and I had to call them like 5 times. They have to order the part its going to take a week and they want me to come to them. They should be offering ranger service from the get go. I have had the car less than a week. This is ridiculous! I really want Tesla to succeed but they have to start providing better customer service. If they don't it could be the end for them. I paid over 100k I expect better.

I agree floor mats should be standard but not the ones they sell in the store. We should be able to choose to get the car delivered with either good quality textile mats (like they sell separately) or all-weather rubber mats. This should be configurable at ordering time, like the rest of the interior.

I do not want texile mats at all, having the car delivered with such mats will only increase the amount of crap I have stored permanently in the attic...

My Leaf came with rubber mats only, like most every other car sold in Norway.

I agree floor mats should be standard but not the ones they sell in the store. We should be able to choose to get the car delivered with either good quality textile mats (like they sell separately) or all-weather rubber mats. This should be configurable at ordering time, like the rest of the interior.

I do not want texile mats at all, having the car delivered with such mats will only increase the amount of crap I have stored permanently in the attic...

My Leaf came with rubber mats only, like most every other car sold in Norway.

+1 - BMW gives the option of either textile mats or all-weather rubber mats of good quality that don't stink. i'm sure they bill the $200-500 into the price of the car and that's ok. Nobody would be upset if the car cost 58,500 to start instead of 57,500 (only they wouldn't be able to say under 50,000)...especially for a perfomance model like raven - u think he cares if the charge was 500 more??? he sure is pissed that he has to spend another 500 after the whole thing though...

I ordered a full set of mats (plus frunk cargo net) yesterday (Sat):
1x Premium Carpet Floor Mats - Interior Set (3 pieces) for $ 250.00 each
1x Premium Carpet Floor Mats - Frunk Set (1 piece) for $ 150.00 each
1x Model S Cargo Net for $ 49.00 each
1x Premium Carpet Floor Mats - Trunk Set (2 pieces) for $ 250.00 each

I'll post a review once received.

Have you received them yet? If so, what are your initial impressions?
Separately, has anyone ordered the mats from carcoverplanet.com mentioned elsewhere in the thread?