Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - I keep losing credit cards and checks in the console

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wondering if anyone else has this issue and how they've resolved it. In my Tesla Model S, the newer ones that have center console in between the seats. If you lay a credit card or check there and then you start to drive and you brake, the credit cards, papers, checks or whatever slide up into the console where you can no longer reach them. I had to take my car to the service center to get them to take the console apart to retrieve the checks that fell back behind there. This was the same with my last Tesla as well. I know that I should just learn not to lay stuff on top of the console, but it's so frustrating. Anyone else ever have this issue?

I have this one, cubby delete, holds seven 12oz waters, that in addition to the three compartments, two very large:
e-captain1.jpg

18887-mittelkonsole-e-captain-premium

• Informative
Reactions: StarLog and neroden
Yes, I too have lost plenty of things there.

Here's the technique for getting them out:

1. Place hand in cubby.

2. Pull down hard to release cubby from IP.

3. Fish around in the now exposed forward area of the center console to find credit cards, money, old business cards, etc.

4. Re-install cubby by snapping it upwards into its old position.

Repeat as needed when you can't find flat-ish things you know are/were in your Model S . . . .

Just a little over-sensitive there...

It is on-topic in relation to the stated problem of losing checks in the console as other nationalities, particularly European do not face this problem due to the long absence of checks from their day-to-day experience.

Reactions: StarLog
Wondering if anyone else has this issue and how they've resolved it. In my Tesla Model S, the newer ones that have center console in between the seats. If you lay a credit card or check there and then you start to drive and you brake, the credit cards, papers, checks or whatever slide up into the console where you can no longer reach them. I had to take my car to the service center to get them to take the console apart to retrieve the checks that fell back behind there. This was the same with my last Tesla as well. I know that I should just learn not to lay stuff on top of the console, but it's so frustrating. Anyone else ever have this issue?
Yes, had same problem. Took it to service for replacement of front struts and mentioned it to tech.
He pressed down hard on shelf below large screen, removed shelf and retrieved lost check, then popped shelf back in, fairly easy.