Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Launch Event 6/22/2012

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've thought this way for a while, but tonight's pictures confirmed it for me: the performance/dark wheels are ugly. I don't mean to offend anyone's opinion, but I *really* don't like the darker wheels.

Interesting, I loved the performance wheels with the tinted tails. I thought the white model s with the silver wheels looked dated.. Very pleased to see the tjnted tails on production model s'!

Stream worked flawlessly on my Galaxy Tab in the Netherlands. Chilling in bed watching the cars being delivered. I feel like an "idiot" for staying up that late just watching a bunch of cars being delivered! :)

Jerry Brown (Gov) irritated me, all he could do is talk about jobs, money, jobs, money, bleh. Standard non-sense all those guys ae saying. Are the elections coming up or something? He was so proud on California, but uhhh, I guess most of the guys building and designing the Model S aren't from CA or even from the states (like Musk :) )

Interesting, I loved the performance wheels with the tinted tails. I thought the white model s with the silver wheels looked dated.. Very pleased to see the tjnted tails on production model s'!

Yes, the pics reinforced my like of the dark wheels. Someone did post that there are no tinted tails on any S's though, and that any we may have seen were likely tricks of the light.

Model S Launch Event 6/23/2012

The wife and I watched the event stream yesterday, and loved seeing all the colors shown. One thing we noticed...didn't Elon seem a little nervous when he was speaking???? Although it will be several months (estimated early 2013), we can't wait. The wife was especially excited about the "special delivery" option.

The wife and I watched the event stream yesterday, and loved seeing all the colors shown. One thing we noticed...didn't Elon seem a little nervous when he was speaking???? Although it will be several months (estimated early 2013), we can't wait. The wife was especially excited about the "special delivery" option.

There's a lot of that discussion here
Model S Delivery Web Stream

That's kind of Elon's public speaking style. He always seems genuinely excited about what he's talking about but doesn't have the stage presence of a Steve Jobs.

It was really poorly planned. He was really nervous because there were 10 reporters trying to stick their mic's up to his nose. You could even see one spraw on the stage to his left to get closer and when an employee told him to not look ridiculous and back up, the reporter pretty much told him to f off. So the event felt more like a news conference with reporters asking him what he'll do to save the hostages than a Steve Jobs product presentation/reveal.

But hey, I'd rather them put all of their time on working on the factory and the cars then on making an amazing presentation.

When did the rear get cup holders? The video shown something like cup holders at about 5 minutes and 20 seconds.

The alphas and betas were just that, alphas and betas. They didn't appear to do more than minimally put in an interior to give a hint at what it might look like because they were focusing on the tech and the exterior styling (even if I think the style looks like some old man's Buick--well I won't notice it when I'm driving).