Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Mistake? Advice appreciated

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please provide a creditable source, key word being, creditable verifying the standard range has a limited long range battery. According to the Tesla website the long range S weights 4883 lbs. Standard range weights 4769 lbs. Range and performance are the only differences between the two. Both are directly related to battery. If standard range has the same battery that is limited why is the weight different? Guess we could debate if Tesla is a creditable source.
Tesla must have changed things up with the motor swap. Prior to this it was a single battery. Still 120 lbs for 25kwh of extra battery? Maybe they lighten other stuff up.

Before I bought my Tesla, they brought one to the house to let me drive it for a portion of the weekend. I specifically asked if they could bring one with the textile seats since I had never seen one with them.

So they brought an S with the textile and the one they drove back in was the ‘leather-like’ seats. My wife and I jumped from one to the other and came out both agreeing the textile seats felt more comfortable and supple.

I never regretted that decision and would have paid extra for it.

Reactions: Watts_Up
Please provide a creditable source, key word being, creditable verifying the standard range has a limited long range battery. According to the Tesla website the long range S weights 4883 lbs. Standard range weights 4769 lbs. Range and performance are the only differences between the two. Both are directly related to battery. If standard range has the same battery that is limited why is the weight different? Guess we could debate if Tesla is a creditable source.
While Tesla have done this in the past on a few cars I think we all know that this is BS.

Side note. If it were true, the smaller battery pack is actually safer in event of a rollover, just saying it's not all bad.

Model years mean nothing with Teslas. You'll do better if you ditch that convention.

You mean a 2013 is the same as a 2019?

Model years mean plenty

Insurance, Excise Tax, Resale Value, Vintage computers, Available Options

Just like any other car.

Just because Tesla doesn’t batch changes like other cars doesn’t mean when it was built doesn’t matter.

Actually you’re right, year doesn’t matter. Build date matters.

If I were to get a 2019 I get one with a build date that has HW3 from the factory. If I were to get a 2018 Model 3 I’d want a build date late in the year with new seats, suspension, roof mounting.

Actually, with Tesla you’d probably want a late build date for any year you get because they constantly make improvements.

In fact I think it matters less with ICE cars because sometimes they make absolutely no change, often for the full model years and sometimes for a couple years. That never happens with Tesla.

Last edited:
Reactions: st50maint
Actually later isn't always better. If you want a sunroof or metal roof you can only choose older cars. Leather seats, Recaro seats, executive rear seats, yacht floor, microwave frunk, plus suspension, rwd, etc have been lost to time as well.

Actually later isn't always better. If you want a sunroof or metal roof you can only choose older cars. Leather seats, Recaro seats, executive rear seats, yacht floor, microwave frunk, plus suspension, rwd, etc have been lost to time as well.

True. But build dates matter to get those as well.

You can't get the car I bought for that matter.
Model 3 Performance without the 20" Wheel package. It will be a collectors item some day (cough cough).

• Funny
Reactions: P85_DA