Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Nature Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Peregrine Falcons

Swweeet! Was that on the same trip - i.e., mid-June? The juvies look a awfully-well feathered out for this time of year (maybe they are a lot earlier than our AK birds). Pretty good resolution for a bird shot - do you know what lens he was using?

That was yesterday! Dear Hubby was just using the regular lens that comes with the Panasonic Lumix FZ70. Just zoomed in. :)

Actually, there's kind of an interesting drama happening there with the falcons. Apparently both Mom and Dad are no longer in the picture, and another adult male took over the feeding when the Mom disappeared... I think they were only 3 weeks old at the time. Found out the story from some Birders who hang out there outside the Visitor Center watching all this on a daily basis. In the past few days whenever the fledglings would try to fly, they've been attacked by a female -- apparently this area is prime real estate for the Peregrines. The birders are concerned that the adult male who took over the feeding won't be able to teach them how to get food in the air. I'm worried about them, and plan to contact the folks at the Visitor Center every so often for updates. Wish there were a Webcam like with the Decorah Eagles!

Now, to keep this on topic, here's another photo of the Model S in Nature. :)

Yaquina Head Lighthouse

Yaquina_Head_Lighthouse_1024.jpg

First charge at the Bronze Antler in Joseph, Oregon

Dunno which was more exciting, finding out that we were the first to use the new Tesla HPWC at the Bronze Antler Bed & Breakfast in Joseph, Oregon, or seeing the doe while we were doing so! :)

Thanks to the Pendleton Supercharger coming online, we can now get out here to Eastern Oregon. Love it! We're staying at a rustic cabin at Wallowa Lake, as the beautiful B & B at the north end was fully booked. However, thanks to Heather, we made arrangements to charge up there, so we won't have to scrounge around for RV Parks, etc. By the way, they also have a Clipper Creek J1772 installed next to the Tesla Destination Charger.

Funny thing, I used to have a hard time getting Dear Hubby to travel -- but since we got our 85D, it is HE who keeps popping up with suggestions for road trips. The car is just SO much fun to drive. Thanks, Tesla! :)

image.jpg

The Blue Banana

Thanks, Dave! However, I couldn't help but think nervously about Hitchcock's "The Birds" for a brief moment! ;-)

So, this is a good time to again bring up the issue with photo rotation on the iPhone. I use both my regular camera and my iPhone camera when we are on these road trips, and when the iPhone photo is rotated, I fix it in PhotoShop before uploading to this thread. You were kind enough to fix the photo I had a problem with taken at the Painted Hills, but since then I've had more issues. Notably, while the Seagull photos are in proper orientation here, I noticed the close-up of our fine-feathered friend (peering through the windshield) again going loopy when looking at the thread on my iPad. But it's right when I look at this thread on my regular computer! And you just included the attachments of those photos, and voila... the close-up one is on its side.

Are there some foolproof instructions for working with iPhone pics that will make sure I don't have to again beg a dear Moderator for help with fixing the orientation after the fact? I'm planning on posting more photos in the future. As I wrote previously, this car is so much fun to drive that Dear Hubby is the one suggesting road trips these days! Now we're looking at the Cascade Loop in Washington state, which is ready for EV travel:

CascadeLoop.com

PlugInNCW.com -- World's First All Electric Scenic Drive

Won't try to do it all at once, but it'll be fun just hitting the road and seeing where it takes us. Never know what fun things you can find, unexpectedly. Like this stop on the way to Joseph and Wallowa Lake in Eastern Oregon:

Blue_Banana_062215.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks, Dave! However, I couldn't help but think nervously about Hitchcock's "The Birds" for a brief moment! ;-)

So, this is a good time to again bring up the issue with photo rotation on the iPhone. I use both my regular camera and my iPhone camera when we are on these road trips, and when the iPhone photo is rotated, I fix it in PhotoShop before uploading to this thread. You were kind enough to fix the photo I had a problem with taken at the Painted Hills, but since then I've had more issues. Notably, while the Seagull photos are in proper orientation here, I noticed the close-up of our fine-feathered friend (peering through the windshield) again going loopy when looking at the thread on my iPad. But it's right when I look at this thread on my regular computer! And you just included the attachments of those photos, and voila... the close-up one is on its side.

Are there some foolproof instructions for working with iPhone pics that will make sure I don't have to again beg a dear Moderator for help with fixing the orientation after the fact? I'm planning on posting more photos in the future. As I wrote previously, this car is so much fun to drive that Dear Hubby is the one suggesting road trips these days! Now we're looking at the Cascade Loop in Washington state, which is ready for EV travel:

CascadeLoop.com

PlugInNCW.com -- World's First All Electric Scenic Drive

Won't try to do it all at once, but it'll be fun just hitting the road and seeing where it takes us. Never know what fun things you can find, unexpectedly. Like this stop on the way to Joseph and Wallowa Lake in Eastern Oregon:

View attachment 85455

I don't think it was wise to park there, given the evident propensity of this place for disastrous events. :)

I don't think it was wise to park there, given the evident propensity of this place for disastrous events. :)

LOL! However, this isn't just an ordinary car, ya know! With "collision avoidance" and "automatic emergency braking" there's NO FEAR here! :)

Seriously, what a fantastic car for road trips. It's actually fun planning on the charging stops, and you almost always get to chat with nice folks about this amazing vehicle. When we scouted out the RV Park at the River next to Wallowa Lake, the owner said her father would love to see it, so she brought him out. He's 90-something, and has been into cars all his life. He came out with his walker and was just beaming when he laid eyes on it. He told us he knew about Tesla Motors because of a pawn shop TV program that featured something by Nikola Tesla, and so he looked into the car. Ours was the first they had seen in person. Dear Hubby offered him a ride, and asked if he wanted to "go fast" -- we're talking just 0-30 or so here. And it's not even a P85D. Told him to put his head back against the headrest, and wow... he said he'd never experienced anything like it in his life, and loved it. His daughter said that she would bet he'll be talking about this experience for the next year! :)

For someone who's been into cars like he has been throughout his lifetime, I'm really thrilled that we got to share the Tesla with him. We did the same with the good folks at the B & B in Joseph who have the Destination Charger... and encouraged Heather to drive it. The only sad part was not finding an opportunity to have her experience the "catapult" capability. If there's a safe stretch of road somewhere, there's nothing like letting people experience for themselves how the Tesla is so far beyond other EVs... most of which seem to be glorified golf carts. I haven't yet experienced the "insane launch" capability of the P85D, but the 85D sure isn't lacking in PERFORMANCE. Woohoo!! :)