Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Prost!

IMG_0717.JPG

I did something similar though I waited about a month before I made up my mind. Obviously my original (November date) had no meaning once I finally made the decision to move the date up to the earliest available date; however, My December 11 date started the clock running for my delivery date (currently February 25th). My VIN took nearly one month. I haven't done the math to see if I'm any worse off than I should be (I know this is more than the one month some people have suggested for a P85+ order); however, I do feel that you seemed to have gotten lost somehow. One theory I had about my own order is that anyone ordering late in 2013 might have lost a week or two due to the holidays. Many of the people confirming in January seem to be getting VIN numbers much quicker than I did; however, the fact remains that you confirmed December 31 and people who confirmed in January got lower VIN numbers earlier than you. Seems like something got lost so maybe you can use that to at least get some priority now.
I see now that under the Canadian online order section it says 1-2 months "priority" for a P85 - apparently it used to say 1 month. It seems like by the time mine is built it will be more than 2 months and delivered by 2 1/2 months if it doesn't slip any more. The spreadsheet seems to indicate that I'm not really getting a priority at all but the more I try to make sense out of the various dates and numbers the less there seems to be a real pattern. I think that contrary to my original thought, the information on the dashboard is not automatic - it all seems to be dependent on humans entering data so the dates we look at don't always make sense. I think that technically mine could have started building but my dashboard doesn't show this. Ultimately compared to the early adopters these slippages are pretty trivial but Tesla needs to take care not to expand more quickly than their capacity to build cars. Anyway, I'm just excited to get the car at this point - just got to stop obsessing about the numbers until it arrives.:smile:

It hear!

Yesterday was the big day for me.

My Model S is delivered.

The right one.

Fantastic news! The car looks awesome, I love the wheels. I was too distracted to take pictures when I picked my car up and since then the weather has been ridiculously bad. I don't think we've had a single day with temperatures above 10 degrees. Between the bitter cold and snow every few days, I'm beginning to think that the color of my car is the beautiful color of "road salt scum".

Enjoy the ride!

User:Muzzman1
US
Delivery Cty :Van Nuys CA
Battery 85
P No
Plus No
Order Feb 7th
Confirmed Feb 8th
Pref Deliv : Late March
Earliest : Yes
Est Deliv Late March
vin : 34353
Vin Date Feb 10
White
Body Colored
19" Cyclone
Black Leather
Tech Package
Carbon Fiber
High Fidelity
Dual Chargers

Last edited:
I got a call yesterday from Tesla but I wasnt near the phone and it went right to voicemail. I didn't notice until this morning. I was sure it would be bad news, a delay to my delivery date most likely. Or flaw with manufacturing that will take some special attention to correct.

But it turns out my car is being delivered to the facility yesterday, 5 days early! They wanted to know if I'd like it delivered a few days early. I can't believe it.

I got a call yesterday from Tesla but I want near the phone and it went right to voicemail. I didn't notice until this morning. I was sure it would be bad news, a delay to my delivery date most likely. Or flaw with manufacturing that will take some special attention to correct.

But it turns out my car is being delivered to the facility yesterday, 5 days early! They wanted to know if I'd like it delivered a few days early. I can't believe it.

Probably a hoax! :biggrin::tongue: