Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
VIN 30417 delivered 2/15 - fabulous machine!

OK, the selfish part of me is jealous that you confirmed a week after me and then got the car more than a week earlier but I'll swallow that and wish you congrats! Is the P85+ everything you remembered in power?

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm... my dashboard still says "Sourcing parts". If yours will be here on Thursday, and you mean Thursday of this week, then that's 10 days earlier than my March 3 delivery date. That sure would be great but I don't see that as likely. Do you mean next Thursday? That would make more sense. And what does your dashboard say? Does it still say "sourcing parts" like mine?

One good thing, once they start building the vehicle, they sure build it fast:

Tesla Motors Part 1: Behind the Scenes of how the Tesla Model S is Made-The Window-WIRED - YouTube
No, mine says: "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery" When it started building, it was done within 3 days - almost a non-event after all the waiting. Maybe there was some delivery benefit to ordering the Performance model after all.

gpetti; said:
No, mine says: "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery" When it started building, it was done within 3 days - almost a non-event after all the waiting. Maybe there was some delivery benefit to ordering the Performance model after all.

Damn! - you gave me hope there for a minute but they must be shipping yours up here on a different truck than mine. I confirmed on Dec 9, more than one month after you and mine is just a regular 85. I thought with a P85+ you would get it much faster. Maybe mine will be pushed back. I sure hope not.

Good for you though. I'm glad your dashboard reads as being prepared. I am sure looking forward to mine saying the same thing. Please let me know how it all turns out when you get it.

Damn! - you gave me hope there for a minute but they must be shipping yours up here on a different truck than mine. I confirmed on Dec 9, more than one month after you and mine is just a regular 85. I thought with a P85+ you would get it much faster. Maybe mine will be pushed back. I sure hope not.

Good for you though. I'm glad your dashboard reads as being prepared. I am sure looking forward to mine saying the same thing. Please let me know how it all turns out when you get it.
Sorry for getting your hopes up. I assumed we were in a similar phase as my November confirm was originally set to April delivery. I moved my date up on December 11 which essentially became my confirmation date. Either way, thanks for being more gracious than I was to Delanman :) When the dash changes to say your car is building, there is nothing like it. As you say, the next thing you know, it's done.

Email from my DS today, the car is headed up the west coast to Vancouver so arrival for Thursday seems possible. The delivery from Vancouver to Calgary could be problematic as the highway is currently closed due to Avalanche danger! Hopefully it will clear soon so my car can get through...oh yeah and for all the people who are stuck waiting for the highway to open. But mostly for my car.

Got an email also from my DS! Production of the car has begun:

Tesla.jpg

Expected delivery: 3/31/2014

Last edited:
Reconfirmed today up to a P85 with dual chargers. Delivery date (currently) hasn't changed. I put a bug in my DS's ear about "priority delivery" for P85, but I think you lose that opportunity when you use a reconfirm for the upgrade. Ha. Will let this thread know if delivery date changes from the current 3/25.

More than that; it's a triple leap year! Only occurs once every 25,000 years! Kids born on that day are going to be really confused. :tongue:
Those are extra days added specially for Tesla! Extra Tesla delivery days! :)

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really confused, because in Europe, that date means the second day of the 31st month.

The second day of the Tesla-month :biggrin:

Got a new update on why the delay on my VIN assignment. It was as I had originally expected, which was caused by my original picking of June for a delivery and then switching it before confirmation. I got a call last night from the sales guy who told me that although it got changed the system didn't update right away, so it is an issue they are hopefully going to fix for future orders.

My takeaway from this, always START with the earliest date possible. This way if you need to change your mind later you can, and push that date out. Rather than doing it how I did. Although in fairness, I had it switched before I even paid the deposit... the lack of it getting updated in their system caused this issue to happen in the first place.

Got a new update on why the delay on my VIN assignment. It was as I had originally expected, which was caused by my original picking of June for a delivery and then switching it before confirmation. I got a call last night from the sales guy who told me that although it got changed the system didn't update right away, so it is an issue they are hopefully going to fix for future orders.

My takeaway from this, always START with the earliest date possible. This way if you need to change your mind later you can, and push that date out. Rather than doing it how I did. Although in fairness, I had it switched before I even paid the deposit... the lack of it getting updated in their system caused this issue to happen in the first place.
Thanks for digging into this. I think this probably affected me too. As I've described elsewhere I changed to the earliest possible date available on December 11th or so. Ultimately even though I bought a P+ it was 2 months before the build even started. Early on I asked the DS for a more specific date than "February" and I think at that point the process may have started for real. Anyway - not long to wait now!

Thanks for digging into this. I think this probably affected me too. As I've described elsewhere I changed to the earliest possible date available on December 11th or so. Ultimately even though I bought a P+ it was 2 months before the build even started. Early on I asked the DS for a more specific date than "February" and I think at that point the process may have started for real. Anyway - not long to wait now!

Yeah, seemed to me like it wasn't until I called my sales guy in mid January asking what was with the delay, that it was THEN they kick started the process to get it updated. So, I guess word of caution to anyone else, if you make any significant changes to your delivery or your order details, you should make sure they also reach out to the appropriate sources to actually get the data updated in their system. The best course of action is, of course, not to change anything, and get it right the first time.

Just got a call from Palo Alto informing me that my Obeche pattern is no longer in production. They asked (rather nicely I might add) if I would like the horizontal "upgrade", or stick with vertical. I went horizontal.

More interesting was him saying my car is "already in production", however my dashboard still says "Sourcing Parts".

#32197, BTW.

Just got a call from Palo Alto informing me that my Obeche pattern is no longer in production. They asked (rather nicely I might add) if I would like the horizontal "upgrade", or stick with vertical. I went horizontal.

More interesting was him saying my car is "already in production", however my dashboard still says "Sourcing Parts".

#32197, BTW.

What pattern is this that is no longer available, and what is the new pattern because they website seems to still have the same three wood options listed...Obeche matte/gloss and then the lacewood option.