Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Joe H: My VIN is 31864 and still not in production:(. And I am taking delivery in Michigan so I have to factor in the extra few days of delivery time too..Hopefully it will go in production soon! But I am still upset that they skipped my car and jumped over to your VIN (just kidding!).

My car in the Vancouver service center. It was so hemmed in with other vehicles that I wasn't actually able to drive it but I did get to drive another P85 and my brother got to try it too. Meanwhile my baby was spared winter roads for the time being.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    818.9 KB · Views: 461
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 438
Interestingly mine has never progressed beyond "Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery" even though it is now in Vancouver. Today I'm doing my walkthrough and hopefully taking it for a drive. Essentially this is my big day. Hope it isn't anti climactic.

Can you not drive it from Vancouver to Calgary? My delivery date is March 26th in Vancouver and I'm driving to Canmore in April. I guess you might need winter tires. I believe the route is doable with the SunCountry Highway chargers if you do the drive in two days.

- - - Updated - - -

I confirmed my S85 Jan.28th and they were "guaranteeing" delivery by the end of March in Vancouver. There was time pressure because our provincial 5k rebate deadline was scheduled to end March 31st, or when the grants ran out. The program ran out of money Feb.14th. Soon after confirming, my walk through was scheduled for an exact date and time. They are still telling me that it should be on time.

My car in the Vancouver service center. It was so hemmed in with other vehicles that I wasn't actually able to drive it but I did get to drive another P85 and my brother got to try it too. Meanwhile my baby was spared winter roads for the time being.
Congratulations I'm happy it all worked out it felt good sitting in your car The seats did feel comfortable do you know if there were changes made to your seats? What was your first impression when you saw it mine was wow

Congratulations I'm happy it all worked out it felt good sitting in your car The seats did feel comfortable do you know if there were changes made to your seats? What was your first impression when you saw it mine was wow

I was told that the seats have the improvements in them though he couldn't say exactly what VIN number signified the new seat improvements. He dis suggest that anything in the 30s probably has it. My first impression was also Wow! I didn't really get my head around the fact that it is my car, particularly as I had to leave it there :crying: My brother was pretty impressed too. He definitely got that Tesla smile though he claims that I hurt his neck during my drive.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you not drive it from Vancouver to Calgary? My delivery date is March 26th in Vancouver and I'm driving to Canmore in April. I guess you might need winter tires. I believe the route is doable with the SunCountry Highway chargers if you do the drive in two days.
That idea was very tempting but I think for my first drive would have been pretty ambitious. In any case I made arrangements for the winter tires (almost mandatory for that drive right now I think) and the protective wrap, in Calgary. Best to wait until that is done before I undertake any big drives I think. That would have been a wonderful drive though. I hope to drive Calgary to the Okanagan in the summer though I may wait until the west coast Superchargers have been ramped up.

Have you seen the Coquihalla highway lately? The last thing gpetti should do is take his brand new car on it. It was just reopened after a massive avalanche. The road salt and gravel being put down, and thrown at you by the big rigs, is crazy! We have tons of snow here in South Surrey and we usually barely see a sprinkle. The Coquihalla has had the most snow ever seen in the 27 year history of that highway! But I know you mean well and it sure would be a great drive in the summer. It will be part of the Supercharger highway, as early as this year according to the map, but I won't be surprised if it's not until 2015.

Got my VIN today!

Meanwhile my electrician is finally sorting out wiring for my garage so I can actually charge the car.

This is proving to be the most frustrating/time-consuming part of the whole Tesla experience. They come out to have a look, leave to do up an estimate, then are never heard from again! I wanted this stuff done last summer but the first company I looked into left me hanging for six months! Looks like the second company is going to do the same thing (was supposed to e-mail me an estimate 2 days ago). :cursing: You'd think they were allergic to money or something!

Canuck, you're right. It was overly ambitious to consider that drive at this time. I'm hoping early April will be possible, but that will have to be a last minute decision. I'll have to be more careful with the sand/salt/rocks with my Model S than my current 1998 Nissan Altima :)

Got my VIN today!

This is proving to be the most frustrating/time-consuming part of the whole Tesla experience. They come out to have a look, leave to do up an estimate, then are never heard from again! I wanted this stuff done last summer but the first company I looked into left me hanging for six months! Looks like the second company is going to do the same thing (was supposed to e-mail me an estimate 2 days ago). :cursing: You'd think they were allergic to money or something!
Congrats on the VIN number - 35,000 plus now - only seems like yesterday we were in the 30,000 range, though it does seem they allocate blocks at a time. I'm doing basement renovations so my electrician is pretty much committed; however, I told him way back that I wanted the wiring for my HPWC done before the 21st (think that was my first predicted date). Doesn't look like it will be done until tomorrow or later; however, it will be about a week before the car gets home now (better not tell the electrician that). Apart from anything else, the longer it takes the more times I change my mind about where to put the charger.

Send an email to the DC and just learned that I need to wait more time to get my car, as delivery as been pushed to at least March 18th ("unplanned shift in production at the factory"). I'm glad for all the guys that ordered after, and will have their S85 at the same time or before me (basically everyone in this forum for delivery in the US), but quite frankly I'm p****d.

S85
Ordered: 1/18/14
Confirmed: 1/19/14
Preferred Delivery: March
VIN: 33343
Sourcing parts
Est. Delivery: March 31st @ Fremont factory
Black paint+roof, 19" (primacy), Black leather, piano black, tech, parking sensors, subzero pkg

________
Go Green
Future: Model S (S85, Black/Black, Leather, Tech, parking sensors, subzero package)
Currently: 2013 Toyota RAV4EV, 2011 Nissan Leaf, 9.95kW Solar on roof since '09
Formerly: 2000 Honda Civic GX, 2000 Toyota Camry CNG, 2008 MiniE, 2012 BMW ActiveE

Well, when I picked mine up it had 28km on it, so about 18 miles.

When I did the walk through of my car in Vancouver it had 27 kms on it. By the time it has been shipped the rest of the way and I get final delivery it will probably also have 28 km.

- - - Updated - - -

My app has been enabled as technically the car has been delivered now so I can watch it on the last leg of the journey. Right now its still in Vancouver on a 120v charge.

Photo 2-25-2014, 21 13 34.png
Photo 2-25-2014, 21 13 54.png