Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update (2014-2-28):
9zwWQYjy96.thumb.png

@gpetti is this directly from the factory? Looks good.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Tomp, I'm excited for you too. I know now i'm moving closer. My date was the 15th but my DS say.

The Model S is slated to enter production next week. Once production is completed I will have an updated ETA. Currently the ETA is showing March 15th but that tends to be conservative at this stage.

OT
Rule of thumb when dealing with electricians: They never ever get back to you or call you, you always call them and drag dates and quotes out of them in a painfull process. This seems to be true no matter what country you live in. ;)
/OT
I think the only thing that finally got my electricians to finish the job was when they heard that the car would be arriving. They were very eager to see it and completed installation of the HPWC shortly after I let them look over the car.

- - - Updated - - -

NOt sure if you mean the trunk logo that was vacuumed into my trunk carpet or the pics I posted here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...553#post593553
Not sure who did the trunk logo - possibly factory or possibly done in the Vancouver service center. The car arrived via a small delivery agent from Vancouver after the service center had inspected it. Vancouver is about 600 miles from Calgary and there is currently no service center in Calgary.

@gpetti is this directly from the factory? Looks good.

Wow thats great ecarfan-- whats her VIN? Based on my amateur analysis it looks like they are ramping up production to get a bunch of deliveries by end of Q1 so it looks like a lot of us who ordered early Feb have an outside chance by end of March. I ordered & confirmed Feb 11th and I'm still scheduled for mid-April. My other amateur guess says deliveries will be light the first week of April as they normalize the schedule.

Wow thats great ecarfan-- whats her VIN? Based on my amateur analysis it looks like they are ramping up production to get a bunch of deliveries by end of Q1 so it looks like a lot of us who ordered early Feb have an outside chance by end of March. I ordered & confirmed Feb 11th and I'm still scheduled for mid-April. My other amateur guess says deliveries will be light the first week of April as they normalize the schedule.

I don't think there are wild fluctuations from one week to the next based on when the week falls in a quarter. It is not cost efficient (employees not working to capacity or overtime and warranty repairs from rushing out a product). I think it appears that way because Tesla is increasing production with the goal of hitting 1000 units per week, so the end of every quarter is going to be producing more cars than the beginning of that quarter. The reason January was slower on deliveries was because of the holidays creating a backlog but Tesla appears to have caught up and I don't foresee any slowing down heading into April.

I think the only thing that finally got my electricians to finish the job was when they heard that the car would be arriving. They were very eager to see it and completed installation of the HPWC shortly after I let them look over the car.

It's probably going to be the same with me. :cursing: Though, I can't really bring myself to go after them too much since part of the job involves beefing up the underground cable run to my garage. This involves digging up about 15 feet of my back yard, which is frozen solid (current temp: -41C :scared:). I'm sure my car will arrive before the ground thaws enough to dig, but I could probably find an alternative location to charge for a week or two, if necessary.

I don't think there are wild fluctuations from one week to the next based on when the week falls in a quarter. It is not cost efficient (employees not working to capacity or overtime and warranty repairs from rushing out a product). I think it appears that way because Tesla is increasing production with the goal of hitting 1000 units per week, so the end of every quarter is going to be producing more cars than the beginning of that quarter. The reason January was slower on deliveries was because of the holidays creating a backlog but Tesla appears to have caught up and I don't foresee any slowing down heading into April.

It's probably a bit more complicated than we think as they want to show increasing deliveries every quarter so the analysts can model out delivery run rates, qtr/qtr increases, demand vs production capacity, etc. My view is they peek forward a bit and try to balance costs vs bringing some deliveries forward a week or so. A 5-15% increase (a few hundred cars in Q1) can have a big impact (right or wrong) on the analyst's models. As far as I can tell on this forum, nobody has gotten a "First week of April delivery" although there has been a bunch packed in for March 29th & 30th.

Please update my row with below information:
Production start 24-Feb, Production Complete: 27-Feb, Delivery Date pulled to 5-Mar (Original was 10-Mar)

- - - Updated - - -

Please update my row with this information:
Production start: 24-Feb, Production Complete: 27-Feb
Delivery date: 5-Mar (pulled from 10-Mar)