Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
wtna67 - wow. I confirmed a day before you and have a VIN 1000 less. Not that it matters - I'm picking up the day before you as well. The VIN thing is interesting, though.

I may be wrong but it seems like confirm date has nothing to do with VIN number...it's all about original order date (and potentially a few other batching factors). I ordered 2/10 but didn't confirm until 2/22. My VIN is 35264.
Other details:
Model: Ordered as P85, Confirmed as S85
Color: Grey/Grey/Obeche Matte
Options: Air/Tech/Pano/Parking/Fog/UHF/Child/Dual Chargers/Lighting/Subzero
Delivery: Seattle 3/29

I may be wrong but it seems like confirm date has nothing to do with VIN number...it's all about original order date (and potentially a few other batching factors).

Maybe, but I ordered and confirmed on the same day, so the difference is still a single day there. I think you're probably right about batching - and the delivery is consistent with the confirmation anyway (assuming neither of us is moved up or back).

I may be wrong but it seems like confirm date has nothing to do with VIN number...it's all about original order date (and potentially a few other batching factors). I ordered 2/10 but didn't confirm until 2/22. My VIN is 35264.
Other details:
Model: Ordered as P85, Confirmed as S85
Color: Grey/Grey/Obeche Matte
Options: Air/Tech/Pano/Parking/Fog/UHF/Child/Dual Chargers/Lighting/Subzero
Delivery: Seattle 3/29

I don't think order date determines VIN, otherwise I would have a 25k range or so.

I am Happy to report my Car is in the garage
4 Days early !!
It is a Sensation!
There are no words to describe this car
Nothing Like you have ever driven!!
Me got Tesla .JPG

Last edited:
Congrats @Great Dane...I've updated your status on the master sheet and will publish an update to the first post once I've caught up on all updates!

I am Happy to report my Car is in the garage
4 Days early !!
It is a Sensation!
There are no word to describe this car
Nothing Like you have ever driven!!
View attachment 44544

- - - Updated - - -

Welcome wtna67; I've added your details to the google doc; will refresh the first post soon.

Confirmed 02/07/14 Late Mar
Sourcing Parts
VIN : 35244
Pickup in Fremont, CA
on 03/26
S 85 Matalic Blue
Reside in Cupertino, CA

I think I've caught up with all the recent posts and private messages, so both the google doc and first post should be up to date as of my final post of the day today!

BTW, my car has been away at the "beauty shop" for paint correction, clear bra and Modesta BC05 coating for 2.5 weeks (originally planned for 1 week, but the shop got a late start due to Atlanta weather delays and then had a defect on one of the products which they had to reapply). I am hoping to pick it up tomorrow night...will post a glamor shot before I get it too dirty again!

I hope everyone who has gotten their cars are enjoying them...for those of you waiting, you will be thrilled when the day comes...I haven't given a ride to any friend yet who hasn't concluded it is the coolest, hottest car on earth! A buddy at work recently bought an Audi R8, fully loaded, which is beautiful (if you are into ICE cars!)...we plan to take each other for a spin in each others car in the coming week...I'll let you know if he thinks the Model S is "cooler"!

BTW, my car has been away at the "beauty shop" for paint correction, clear bra and Modesta BC05 coating for 2.5 weeks (originally planned for 1 week, but the shop got a late start due to Atlanta weather delays and then had a defect on one of the products which they had to reapply). I am hoping to pick it up tomorrow night...will post a glamor shot before I get it too dirty again!
OMG, mine has only been in for about 3 days and its making me crazy. If it spins out to 2.5 weeks I'll be so pissed. Its already looking a bit worrying as my car was late getting into the shop so one guy is on holiday. Another is on another project and the third principle was off sick today. They assure me there will be two guys on it tomorrow but the week is disappearing fast. I'm driving them crazy going in every day.
This is a link to the facebook page for the place that is doing my car. Near the top of the pictures is my car with some complimentary words.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Refine-Automotive-Salon/231808923497416

Looks like I'm 4/18 or later for delivery.

Looks Like you and I have the same good taste in the car configuration
Get ready for your space ship
I am finding excuses to drive
within the first hour of driving I mastered the regen thing ( never need to use brakes )
It is truly a whole new way of driving
Parking is another story
Where we are going, we don't need no stinking brakes

Been a busy Tesla morning. Thought I'd share:

First, spoke to my DS. Similar to @MaxxX1317, looks like April 18th delivery (or maybe a few days sooner) as my car probably won't go into production until end of March, shipped 1st week of April, East Coast arrival mid-April, and then some prep time. Sounds like there was a batch being produced headed overseas (Europe and China specifically) in front of mine.

Second, it is confirmed Chase is now a third financial partner. Asking for rates, I will post what comes back.

Good news: Tesla is BUSY!

My delivery was bumped up 6 days to March 11th from the 17th!!

So, yeah... uhmmm... any recommended wait coping mechanisms/mantras/techniques? I'm starting to go nuts.

(and for anyone who is taking delivery @ Toronto East, Jon is fantastic... you'll be lucky if you get him. Actually, even the finance team in Palo Alto has been great to deal with - excellent, quick communication)

Congrats to those who have received their cars since my last post! Sorry midlife that your car has been out for so long, hope you get it back soon!

update on my car. Emailed my DS who told me the expected Production Start Date is set for March 17, which should easily keep me in line for March 28 delivery. Got approved for my loan today as well! 1.99% for 72 months, so really happy that my credit hasn't moved which would prevent me from getting the best rate. I have also found out that they normally ship out your HPWC 2 weeks before delivery, but he was nice enough to go ahead and ship it out at my request now so I should have that in soon.

I think it was gpetti who was taking about issues with their electrician. I can concur with that. I never heard back from the first place with an estimate, and now I am scheduled for a new guy that will hopefully give me a decent estimate and we can get this thing rolling. I still need to get in touch with the power company to see about getting enrolled in their pilot program. If I can then my normal power use will stay at 11 cents, and the car charging (on a separate meter) will be only 4 cents (max rate is like 26 if I do it during the day, but why would I do that?) so basically I would be driving my car for nothing!

anyway good luck to you all who have recently ordered! I hope the wait doesn't feel too long for you. I know I am constantly trying to keep myself entertained!