Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked my car up last night from my detailer (Detailed Designs Auto Spa [Jean-Claude] in Conyers, GA). I wanted to post some pics before hitting the sack tonight.

I got:

> Paint correction - eliminated pretty ugly paint damage from factory or delivery (I specifically asked for no wash at factory or service center, and my detailer said most Teslas he works on come in with pretty obvious paint issues, compared to other high end vehicles)
> Clear Bra on front, mirrors and top of rear bumper (for kids climbing in and out of my rear facing child seats)
> Modesta BC-05 everywhere else
> Wheel removal, detail and coating
> Interior detail and leather protection

tesla5.jpeg
tesla4.jpeg
tesla3.jpeg
Tesla2.jpeg
Tesla1.jpeg

I am extremely pleased with the service, professionalism, honesty and focus on quality and customer service...I recommend Detailed Design Auto Spa to anyone in the Atlanta area (or Southeast US) looking to make your car look amazing and get outstanding paint protection! Here's their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Detailed-Designs-Auto-Spa/152665034558

So looks like the first cars and coffee of this year for my area is slated to be the Sunday after I expect to get my car, so I will be having a blast with it my first weekend! This makes me want it to be here even more, and I just can't wait!

- - - Updated - - -

As I mentioned above, only 1/4 of those I contacted bothered to show up even to provide an estimate. It's easy to say something is free if you never do it. :rolleyes:

My town is pretty small. You can get anywhere in about 15-20 minutes. And there aren't more than about a half dozen electricians in the area, so I guess they have enough business to be able to leave me hanging and not think twice. It's definitely bad business but what are you going to do? It's not illegal for them to ignore you.

All the internet guides say basically the same thing about electricians:

1) Check qualifications/licensing/insurance
2) Get multiple quotes
3) Ask for references

I'm lucky if I can get one to take my money, much less be choosy. :redface:

ah that makes sense then. Well here is hoping second time is the charm!

This thread consists of the most excited, anxious, and happiest posters that I've seen anywhere on the Internet.

Indeed we seem to be a pretty happy bunch!

PS: Grats midlife! I am glad you finally got you car back! Enjoy the ride and she looks fantastic! Always love the red pictures the most I think!

View attachment 44698

I am extremely pleased with the service, professionalism, honesty and focus on quality and customer service...I recommend Detailed Design Auto Spa to anyone in the Atlanta area (or Southeast US) looking to make your car look amazing and get outstanding paint protection! Here's their facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Detailed-Designs-Auto-Spa/152665034558
Great pictures, looks like you made their facebook too (I posted a facebook link of my car earlier) - or at least I assume that might be your car in the video?

I picked my car up last night from my detailer (Detailed Designs Auto Spa [Jean-Claude] in Conyers, GA). I wanted to post some pics before hitting the sack tonight.

I got:

> Paint correction - eliminated pretty ugly paint damage from factory or delivery (I specifically asked for no wash at factory or service center, and my detailer said most Teslas he works on come in with pretty obvious paint issues, compared to other high end vehicles)

So, if your paint was screwed up right from the factory, does that mean Tesla paid for your paint correction? Or is it just "too bad so sad" as far as they're concerned?

Thanks for the kind words MLC!!

I got:

> Clear Bra on front, mirrors and top of rear bumper (for kids climbing in and out of my rear facing child seats)
> Modesta BC-05 everywhere else
> Wheel removal, detail and coating
> Interior detail and leather protection

View attachment 44694View attachment 44695View attachment 44696View attachment 44697View attachment 44698

Great pictures, looks like you made their facebook too (I posted a facebook link of my car earlier) - or at least I assume that might be your car in the video?

Yes that is his car in the clear bra demo video. Here's the thing though. I would not intentionally scratch a client's clear bra regardless of the self healing abilities. But because I noticed a factory defect in the original hood clear bra piece and knew I would replace it once the factory sent my replacement roll, I could do that and document it. The final piece that was installed was not used as a scratch demo. ;) Good eye.

- - - Updated - - -

So, if your paint was screwed up right from the factory, does that mean Tesla paid for your paint correction? Or is it just "too bad so sad" as far as they're concerned?

Factories will send cars to dealerships with stuff that their detail shop supposedly will repair. What happens instead, is that they wash/scratch the paint and then use silicone filler polishes that wash out shortly thereafter. What MLC did was remove the chance for additional damage by telling them not to wash it and removed the threat of defects rearing their head months down the road.

Tesla is not alone in doing this. It is a major industry issue. People's expectations have dropped and corners are cut to save money across the board.

- - - Updated - - -

Some examples of the damage left on the car from the factory. These images were taken after the car was washed and decontaminated. Factory defects that required a lot of effort to get cleaned up(on the first area it required wet sanding). Even then, you can see in the final set of images that some of the defects were too deep to be completely repaired. Fortunately, under normal conditions you will never see the minor defects that could not be repaired. All cars have defects that are too deep. It's just when you're going over the paint like this we get to see all of it.

35 hours until my delivery appointment.

Tick, tick, tick, tick....
Still can't get my car back from the wrap shop until Monday now. It's going to be a slow boring weekend. Guess I'll straighten out my garage in preparation for the much wider and longer (than an Infiniti G37x)Tesla S. Don't want to scuff my newly wrapped car on boxes etc. right away.

@tomp..... I know you one happy man. I'll drink a toast to you at 6:30. Thanks for the info. Surely mine is in that 5 cars. They said its was coming to Raleigh, be there for a day and then delivered the next. My DS has not been liberal with a lot of information..
Mine is coming in on same truck. I'm in Charlotte and can't wait until Wednesday for them to bring to my house so I will go to them this weekend or Monday and grad it. The DS has just changed to one that is actually in Raleigh and he is much better and easier to get a hold of.