Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder how the VIN numbering works since mine is 38188 and MassX is in the 35k range and ours are set to be delivered around the same time.

Ravyn,
You have the highest Vin # that I have seen so far.

The thing I think happened was a batch of Vin #s were assigned for build during Q2 and your in a position to get a possible delivery at the end of March so you will slip out early with a late Vin #. I suspect either a batch of RHD or China-bound Vin #s were assigned just before yours. You say you confirmed the same day as you ordered? By doing that, I was wondering why you didn't get an earlier Vin #. If you delayed confirmation for the 2 weeks, I suppose a delayed Vin # was in order.

What to watch for now is the next vin #s people report from US orders done recently. I wonder if there will be a lag in new Vin # rates during the next 2-3 weeks if a whole bunch are going to be built from now through April for export.

Ravyn,
You have the highest Vin # that I have seen so far.

The thing I think happened was a batch of Vin #s were assigned for build during Q2 and your in a position to get a possible delivery at the end of March so you will slip out early with a late Vin #. I suspect either a batch of RHD or China-bound Vin #s were assigned just before yours. You say you confirmed the same day as you ordered? By doing that, I was wondering why you didn't get an earlier Vin #. If you delayed confirmation for the 2 weeks, I suppose a delayed Vin # was in order.

What to watch for now is the next vin #s people report from US orders done recently. I wonder if there will be a lag in new Vin # rates during the next 2-3 weeks if a whole bunch are going to be built from now through April for export.

Ooh, getting it this month would be awesome. But last I heard it will start production 2nd week of April

Found out today that my car has finally started its journey across the US. My date has already been bumped up two days to the 26th here is hoping it will go up even more! I am in the middle of a certification training boot camp for CISSP all this week so these 10 hour days of getting inundated with information has been helping to take my mind off things (also why I have been away from the site).

congrats to everyone else who has had their dates moved up!

Nice!! How many days did it take to ship your car after it was completed? Yes Andrew is also my DS for Highland park. Talked to him today and he said everything is on schedule for the 29th of this month. I told him I am hoping sooner then that. He's also said my car is in production, it just doesn't show up on Tesla Motors that it is yet. Im hoping for sure this week it has to!

My car finished production 3/9, per website, shipped 3/13 per DS. On 3/17, I called DES Andrew, and he said it was at the SC, undergoing final inspection. His plan was to deliver the following day, but he changed it to that night to accommodate my schedule.

- - - Updated - - -

I am getting nervous for my delivery. My car went into production on 3/14 and it is still in production as of 3/19. The car needs to be shipped to the East coast for delivery on 3/28. When I ask my DS for an update he has advised me the car is still in the paint process.

If it ships by the 22nd (23rd at latest), you will probably make it. Keep checking in, the website will lag.

Way to go, landover! Glad to see a fellow 34k VIN moving along.. we were definitely lagging behind the others. Now you can spend your days like me, imaging the people (robots) working on your car - what they're doing right now.. etc.

When I told my little girl (2 years) that our new car went into production and showed her how trhrough the Mega Factories movie, se watched it over and over again. :biggrin:

- - - Updated - - -

Vin 33489:
Is anyone really updating Google drive spreadsheet? Posted Production complete 3/15 but not updated. Car has been in Prep for delivery or ship since 3/15.

I have updated the sheet. We are only with three people, but not spread evenly in the world, so no realtime update yet. :tongue:

My car arrived yesterday. My DES Andrew stayed late to hand it over last night. Otherwise, it would have been three more days because our schedules didn't mesh. It seems he also handles the Highland Park location. I specified no wash, because I'll be getting opti-coat.

Congrats on the car. Andrew is awesome, he drove through a blizzard and stayed late for my delivery as well. I hope to see you on the road in the coming weeks. Have fun with the new car.

Update from my DS yesterday: expected delivery date for my MS (35972) is now Apr 22, at Norristown, PA service center. That would make it 66 days from order to delivery, or 55 days from confirmation to delivery (assuming there's no "under-promise, over-deliver" adjustment to my delivery date)...

75 and 62 here, so pretty similar. Time is going by very quickly so far!