Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@hun: The base "other Europe" price (without VAT or car tax) is 62.770EUR. The dealer's sale price here (including VAT and car tax) is 99.990 EUR. Adjusting for VAT and car tax brings the dealer's purchase price to 81.726,54 (if I calculated correctly). Of course the dealer will have additional costs for transport, registration and such, which also have their own VAT added to their price. They perhaps aim for 10% profit margin, which in my opinion is reasonable.

@ohmman: Thanks for your interest and best wishes! Looking forward to receiving my car, I will certainly keep you all informed about my progress! :smile:

@hun: The base "other Europe" price (without VAT or car tax) is 62.770EUR. The dealer's sale price here (including VAT and car tax) is 99.990 EUR. Adjusting for VAT and car tax brings the dealer's purchase price to 81.726,54 (if I calculated correctly). Of course the dealer will have additional costs for transport

The base price in the Netherlands is €66.640 including VAT, or are you talking about an 85 model?

Thank you...I should have figured that one out on my own.

Model S 85KWh / Blue Metallic / Grey Nappa Leather / Pano Roof / Obeche Gloss / HPWC / Tech / Parking Sensors / Fog Lamps / UHFS / Premium Ltg. / Parcel Shelf / 19" Primacy Tires / Ordered and Confirmed 3.7.14 / Tent. Pick Up 4.24 / #36856 (assigned 3.12.14)

We have almost the same car. And we confirmed within one day of each other. ^_^

I should say that my pickup city is Cincinnati, OH

Last edited:
We have almost the same car. And we confirmed within one day of each other. ^_^

I should say that my pickup city is Cincinnati, OH

I almost went for the Carbon Fiber, too, but opted for the wood. So you have about a 100 mile drive back to Louisville after you pick up your MS. I'm only 12 miles from the Tesla service center in Costa Mesa, but will probably drive 100 miles after I pick it up. Don't know where I will go...I'll just drive!

Well, I didn't *have* to order via an importer. It's just that since Finland has no official Tesla presence (yet), I would need to order from the "other Europe" location, which means I would need to pick my car up from Tilburg. That's pretty far away, and I have some medical issues that make long distance travelling difficult for me. Since this importer has started selling Tesla Model S in Finland and will actually deliver the car to my door, I decided to go that route.

Looks like the price markup is somewhere around 18.000 EUR. The importer is a traditional car dealership, so negotiation is involved. :smile:

@hun: The base "other Europe" price (without VAT or car tax) is 62.770EUR. The dealer's sale price here (including VAT and car tax) is 99.990 EUR. Adjusting for VAT and car tax brings the dealer's purchase price to 81.726,54 (if I calculated correctly). Of course the dealer will have additional costs for transport, registration and such, which also have their own VAT added to their price. They perhaps aim for 10% profit margin, which in my opinion is reasonable.

@ohmman: Thanks for your interest and best wishes! Looking forward to receiving my car, I will certainly keep you all informed about my progress! :smile:

Thanks for the clarification! I really hope Tesla will get off their butts and open more stores up in the other EU countries so you don't have to eat a 10% markup, and fight the dealers in the future. I am glad you are at least able to experience the Model S experience with us though! If people like you are willing to jump through hoops to get the car, then I only imagine how much better it will be when they get a physical presence in these countries :)

Ordered 3/24 and Confirmed 3/31/14
Estimated Delivery May
VIN Assigned 3/31/14 38463
Sourcing Parts
Pickup in Highland Park IL
P85 Metallic Grey| Pano | Black Leather | Tech | Subzero | Parking Sensors | 19" | Obeche wood gloss | Smart Air | Fog | Dual chargers | High fidelity sound

Finally! It just.got.interesting!

y3y6e4up.jpg