Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker - Q1 2014

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Christmas baby! :smile:
Did it suck as a child having Xmas and bday presents combined?
I get that question a lot.

The answer is no. There was always one present that was marked as birthday. My parents had asked me if I wanted to move my birthday celebration to the middle of the year. My mom always made me a birthday cake. She had a pan in the shape of a Christmas tree.

Funny story about my birth. My parents were over at my mother's grandmother's house on Christmas day. When it was time to go home my soon to be great grandmother told my mother to go home and have that baby. And she did. My great grandmother was born on December 25, 1899.

Sorry for the novel. I am just so excited to get closer to taking delivery.

50247 delivered at the 13th of Nov.
Just awesome!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416001801.843970.jpg

VIN63633
19" Wheels
85 kWh Model S
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Black Solid Paint
Black Textile Seats
Dual Chargers
Piano Black Décor
Rear Wheel Drive
Supercharger Enabled
Tech Package with Autopilot

- - - Updated - - -

VIN#63633

19" Wheels
85 kWh Model S
All Glass Panoramic Roof
Black Solid, Textile Seats Decor
Supercharger Enabled
Dual Chargers
Tech Pacakge with Autopilot
Estimated Delivery - December

Forum username: mattreidy
Delivery City: Raleigh, NC
Type (60/60D/85/85D/P85/P85+/P85D): 85
Order date: 11/13/2014
Confirm date: 11/13/2014
Prefered delivery date: December 2014
Was this the earliest delivery date? Yes
Estimate delivery: Late December 2014
VIN number (last five numbers of serial number): 65504
When was the VIN assigned? 11/13/2014
Production start:
Production end:
Delivered on:
Current status: Your Model S has entered the production queue at our Factory in Fremont, California
Paint color: White Solid
Roof (Body color / Black / Pano): Body color
Wheels: 19" Standard
Seats: Black textile
Decor Accents: Piano Black
Tech package? Yes
Parking Sensors? Yes, Included
Winter package? Yes
Fog Lights? Yes. Included
Ultra High Fidelity Sound? No
Extended Nappa Leather Trim? No
Alcantara Headliner (No/Black/White)? No
Alcantara Dashboard? No
Air Suspension? No
Rear Facing Seats? No
Light Package? No
Security Package (EU only): n/a
Charger (Single / Dual): Single
Supercharging (Default on the 85kWh)? Yes, Included
Paint Armor? No
19" Primacy Tire Upgrade? Yes, Included
Spoiler carbon? No
Red Brake Calipers? No
Comments: Ordered 85D on 10/13/2014 and switched to "plain" 85 on 11/13/2014 to attempt delivery in 2014 calendar year.

It's killing me too - what I cannot fathom is how if I ordered the same car today, it would only arrive a week or so later than the date quoted when I ordered it originally - back in early September.

Really quite frustrated now - and have emailed Tesla to tell them so, especially as they specifically told me my place in the production queue would not be affected by the D. Their 'get out' on this may be that the production lines are entirely separate.

I guess the $40,000 "D" premium means more to them than keeping their promise...........

It's killing me too - what I cannot fathom is how if I ordered the same car today, it would only arrive a week or so later than the date quoted when I ordered it originally - back in early September.

Really quite frustrated now - and have emailed Tesla to tell them so, especially as they specifically told me my place in the production queue would not be affected by the D. Their 'get out' on this may be that the production lines are entirely separate.

I guess the $40,000 "D" premium means more to them than keeping their promise...........

I bet yours will enter production this week, given your VIN in relation to others posting entering in production last week.

In case you hadn't seen it... Posted on the blog today: "The line is now running at about 1,000 cars a week with the potential for significantly more with minor adjustments."

I sure hope they don't hit any snags that affect production. I cancelled an 85D order and replaced it with an 85 (VIN
65504) in hope that I can take delivery in 2014. it looks like it'll be close...

http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/factory-upgrade

Last edited:
I was told back in early October by my DS that my car was estimated to go into production the first week of December. I asked again last night to see if there's a chance it could go into production sometime in late November? He replied back, "Your car is estimated to go into production the first week of December." Ugh..c'mon..."Throw me a friggin bone here"! :)