Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Order & Delivery Tracker

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I imagine it can be different from place to place, but how long from appraisal until you had an offer. My appraisal on our trade in car was Monday and havent heard anything yet.

Also for everyone. How far in advance is it typical for you to get a call/contact to schedule the physical delivery. Do they say the car is here you can pick it up as early as tomorrow or do they typically let you know the car will be ready for pickup a week from X.
Once they had the appraisal, it was about a week until the offer was official.

As for the delivery call, my DS called when it was being scheduled for the truck. She said it would be here by xyz date, and asked if I would like to pick it up the same day. I said something to the effect of, "Are you kidding me!? YES!!!" lol

I'm only a state away from CA though, so it may differ considering the drive to IL.

Picked up the production rate for some, today will be the 10th day of production for me.

My DS has just said "Production does fluctuate and cars can take longer than expected going through the factory." Still frustrating watching cars that got started in May get finished before mine.

Just received an update:
As for you Vehicle, It is in the very last stage of production. I can assure you there is no issue with the vehicle. We are still expecting to be shipped and ready for delivery by next week.

As of today it's still in production, 12 days and counting. If it makes it here by the 11th (orig. estimated date) or the 13th (date on the paperwork) this will be the fastest in transit and prepped for delivery I've seen :biggrin:

As of today it's still in production, 12 days and counting. If it makes it here by the 11th (orig. estimated date) or the 13th (date on the paperwork) this will be the fastest in transit and prepped for delivery I've seen :biggrin:

Real sorry to hear that... I hope once you finally end up with it, all this will be a distant memory.

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to production and delivery times, there definitely seems to be a pecking order - P85Ds are priority, then 85Ds, then 70Ds, then 85s. I've been waiting 20 days since production ended for the 85D to be delivered to Vancouver, so if you're in Canada, expect some delays loading up the trucks and again at customs.

Real sorry to hear that... I hope once you finally end up with it, all this will be a distant memory.

- - - Updated - - -

In regards to production and delivery times, there definitely seems to be a pecking order - P85Ds are priority, then 85Ds, then 70Ds, then 85s. I've been waiting 20 days since production ended for the 85D to be delivered to Vancouver, so if you're in Canada, expect some delays loading up the trucks and again at customs.

Thanks for the sympathy, I'm not getting much from my wife :smile: She just tells me to be patient. It's hard when my current car was driven into the ground and is literally falling apart (glove box handle broke when I went to get my registration paperwork for the trade in appraisal). Fun times.

14 days 16 hours and 20 minutes in production, but now that it's over who's counting.... :)

Updating the spreadsheet now.

Ouch, at this rate you may as well cancel and order a new configuration. Might get there faster...

Not to gloat but i finally picked mine up tonight. Drove it around a bit and felt emancipated from gas stations. No buyer's remorse yet but now that I finally have it at home, it's starting to feel anti-climactic. The thing is incredible and is one of the greatest things in this world, but a small voice in my head is saying 'it's a car'.

Ouch, at this rate you may as well cancel and order a new configuration. Might get there faster...

Not to gloat but i finally picked mine up tonight. Drove it around a bit and felt emancipated from gas stations. No buyer's remorse yet but now that I finally have it at home, it's starting to feel anti-climactic. The thing is incredible and is one of the greatest things in this world, but a small voice in my head is saying 'it's a car'.

That's fantastic. I'm glad your wait is over.

Sorry I wasn't quite clear, after 14 days 16 hours and change my status was updated to in transit :).

I dropped off my trade in and took public transit home. Depending on which truck it goes on mine will be delivered either Sat. if they rush it or early next week.

My DS thanked me for my patience with production. Which I thought was nice of him since I'd been bugging him every couple days asking for more detailed status.

Now that I know things are moving I'm much less impatient. BTW the Seattle service center was packed, I parked on the street as all the spots were taken by cars being prepped for delivery (or repairs too I guess).

The tax cut expiration in WA means huge business for them.

For me, it became much easier on my OA and DS once I started getting some general dates. I actually became more anxious and obsessed with preparing for the car, but that was contained to myself (and here). Once they gave me general dates, I only reached out to them one every couple days as paperwork moved along.

I keep checking the spreadsheet to get an idea of when my car may go into production. Looks like next week (based on other people's order dates/VINs).

Now when to sell my current car...

If I recall correctly, VA is one of those states that does NOT just tax the difference between purchase and trade, but applies the 4% highway use tax against the whole purchase price. In that case, you may want to consider selling your current car privately if you get a worthwhile difference in price that warrants the lack of convenience of just handing it over to Tesla.

If I recall correctly, VA is one of those states that does NOT just tax the difference between purchase and trade, but applies the 4% highway use tax against the whole purchase price. In that case, you may want to consider selling your current car privately if you get a worthwhile difference in price that warrants the lack of convenience of just handing it over to Tesla.

I'm not sure how VA works. But if even if they did deduct the price of the car from taxes, the 4.05% tax difference on my 9-year old car might be a difference of a $150 in taxes, but I can probably get $1k more from a private sale.

I'm just thinking about timing the private sale to closely coincide with the Tesla delivery... I don't want to have no car for too long, or both cars for too long.

Your Model S is being prepared for pickup or delivery.

Just spoke with my DS, pickup on 5/20. A day before I absolutely needed the car to be here. Talk about down to the wire.

This means it'll be exactly 60 days from ordering to delivery, or 57 from confirmation to delivery.

Last edited:
Wow any guessing when we hit 100k!

Hmm, if they are around 87400 start of week 5/18 then, at around 500 cars a week, they would end the week around 87900 around 5/23 Sat.

End 5/30 at around 88400.
End 6/6 at around 88900.
End 6/13 at around 89400
End 6/20 at around 89900...
and so on until...

So somewhere between November 7th and November 14th using 500 cars a week, VIN 100000 would be actually built. But, it will be reserved/confirmed say 6 weeks or so before that? So whoever gets the VIN, unless it is reserved by Tesla internally, will get it probably between September 19th and 26th I'd imagine...