Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Owner Age

What's your age?

• < 25

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • 25-30

Votes: 76 10.4%
  • 31-35

Votes: 106 14.5%
  • 36-40

Votes: 141 19.3%
  • 41-45

Votes: 133 18.2%
  • 46-50

Votes: 82 11.2%
  • 51-55

Votes: 52 7.1%
  • 56-60

Votes: 46 6.3%
  • 61-65

Votes: 41 5.6%
  • 66 & +

Votes: 34 4.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe this says more about NJ tech than age-tech correlation.

/duck
There's a lot of truth to that. Many skills tend to be focused in areas where there are already skilled people, because it's usually easier for those skilled people to teach others (regardless of age) living with or near them than over the Internet. I blame Michigan, or my local area, for being mostly technically illiterate and uninterested in tech/science than I do older people.

Some people have all the luck (or more likely rich relatives).
Speaking from personal experience, I wouldn't say that. If they didn't get a direct financial boost from someone rich or by gambling, I'd say they had dedication rather than luck. I wouldn't doubt that most owners under 25 genuinely earned it. It took me less than 5 years to teach myself how to program, get a good job, buy my MS60 (just before I turned 28), and pay off the loan. Someone fresh out of high school could probably do it faster, especially if they learned to program in school and don't have a family to care for (I didn't).

Voted. 27.

Speaking from personal experience, I wouldn't say that. If they didn't get a direct financial boost from someone rich or by gambling, I'd say they had dedication rather than luck. I wouldn't doubt that most owners under 25 genuinely earned it. It took me less than 5 years to teach myself how to program, get a good job, buy my MS60 (just before I turned 28), and pay off the loan. Someone fresh out of high school could probably do it faster, especially if they learned to program in school and don't have a family to care for (I didn't).

Well put. I look forward to the day when it is in the minority for people to jump to the conclusion that someone in their 20's driving a Tesla must have rich relatives.

23 here. Any other college students driving a tesla?

I'm going to guess you're referring to undergrads only? If so, I'd be genuinely curious to hear about how you were able to afford a Tesla so early = )