Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S owners who have blacked out chrome trim/handles/etc

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I blacked mine out as well. They really should offer this from the factory.
IMG_2249.JPG

I was thinking about it, but was advised against it. I am glad I wrapped it, I plati dipped the emblems, the tesla on the back, the front license plate cover and the screw bolts. The difference between the wrap and plasti dip is massive and the quality in wrap is far better. Plus enjoy getting the pasti dip off the handles if you ever take it off

Am I the only one that went with paint? I didn't want seams, risk of lifting, and the potential for discoloration.

How long did they tell you all these wraps would hold up?

I considered paint but at the time I wasn't sure how it'd look and wanted to be able to go back to stock. But now that I've had it for a while, I'm really happy with the look and I wouldn't mind making it permanent with paint. Did you do it yourself or did you have it done, if so, how much?

As for how long the wrap will last, time will tell. I've had it for almost 2 years now and it's holding up very well. I was told that it would probably last about 5 years or so.

I have only done black vinyl on top of the car (I don't have glass sunroof)
Glossy wrap around windows
Glossy wrap on door handles
Glossy wrap on the turn signals on sides
Satin wrap on the bottom door sills

For the front/rear, I haven't done them but I am feeling like I may just end up doing it now.

I really wish pre face lift models came with painted side skirts. It bugs me to see unpainted plastic on a car of this price range.

On a side note, I'm so glad I put the vinyl wrap on the roof. I almost NEVER park the car outside since it usually sits in my garage or my garage at work. I parked at a park once and it seems someone kicked a soccer ball and it skidded across the top of the car. It scratched the vinyl slightly but that's a lot better than scratching the actual paint!

Attachments

• IMG_2156.JPG
    IMG_2156.JPG
    467 KB · Views: 524
Reactions: benjiejr