Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S price jump after editing order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model S in August with the standard 19” wheels. My order agreement came in at $93,440. Last week I decided to upgrade to the 21” wheels for the additional $4,500. However when they sent me the new order agreement, they adjusted the base price upward as well to make the total price now $102,940. Will they amend this or am I just out of luck? If this is standard practice I didn’t see this explained anywhere.

I ordered a Model S in August with the standard 19” wheels. My order agreement came in at $93,440. Last week I decided to upgrade to the 21” wheels for the additional $4,500. However when they sent me the new order agreement, they adjusted the base price upward as well to make the total price now $102,940. Will they amend this or am I just out of luck? If this is standard practice I didn’t see this explained anywhere.

It is pretty well known if you make any interior, exterior color change, or wheel change, when your order agreement regenerates it updates to the latest greatest pricing.

Sorry man, that is the best you'll get now. You have to pay an extra $5000 it seems.

Reactions: Cyb_ and 2101Guy
Upvote 0
Thanks. The mistake is on me. Deleting this post because I see the question has been addressed in prior posts.

No need to delete, it is a learning experience for all.

It is an honest mistake and not everyone is always browsing Tesla forums/tech chats all day like many here. I'd give your dealer/SA a call and see if it can be remedied. Maybe, maybe not, but for $5K or so, it doesn't hurt to try.

Upvote 0
Need to make changes? Edit Design
Please note that changes to your order could impact delivery timing, insurance and price.

On the website they have that disclaimer just below where you make changes. They hardly ever reverse it but you can try contacting them to see

Upvote 0
Yeah I remember seeing that. When I saw PRICE, I took that to mean the price would change according to the edits you submit. What makes me a little more frustrated is that I attempted to contact my local delivery center by email and phone before editing and never heard back from them.

Reactions: Cyb_
Upvote 0
I’ve heard of folks being able to revert back to their previous config and the old price within 4? Or 24 hours? After that… you are locked to the new config and current prices.
Thanks for the info! Unfortunately I’m well past that window now. I tried to contact them without luck. I’ve canceled my order and moved on from Tesla for now.

Upvote 0
Actually, once I managed to keep price after order change.
I had Oct order for 90k and after requesting interior color change via text, total jumped +7.5k, whereas 2.5k was expected.
Hopefully, when I did request I specified exactly that price increase expected as $2500. So, when I saw increase $7500 in order, it was simple to argue - what I got is not what I expected ;). It took 2 weeks them to revert price, definitely it was their fault.

Upvote 0