Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That thought had occurred to me also. It's quite possible that the "marketing noise" around the X launched has had a positive effect on the S.

How do we interpret that?

a) Were some folks waiting for the X unveiling, were not too thrilled with the X and finally chose to put down a deposit on the S?!

b) They had simply not heard (enough) of Tesla before but, the X launch struck all the right notes with these newcomers who liked the sedan offering that they then spotted?!

Yeah like cbarwald mentioned, mostly all the newspapers car sections did articles about the Model X reveal, and since they syndicate with the bigger car mags that's essentially most car news coverage here. After all in the country that sold the 3rd most electric cars in Europe in absolute numbers there has been very few PR-events from Tesla. Their new service shop and part-time showroom (until they find and get something more appropriate set up) should help in that regard.
So in short I think the difference is in the general awareness of teh Model S leads to sales, now it's also about a year wait that should help too.

Cobos

Combined net total (S + X) is now above 10,000

It's actually around 9,600. The Model S reservations through December 31, 2011 was approximately 8,200 (based on: 1) Tesla's balance sheet of $91.76 million reservation fees collected and 2) the on going tally). 8,200 + approximately 644 Model S reservations from 1/1/2012 to 2/10/2012 + 644 Model X reservations = 9,758 reservations.

It's actually around 9,600. The Model S reservations through December 31, 2011 was approximately 8,200 (based on: 1) Tesla's balance sheet of $91.76 million reservation fees collected and 2) the on going tally). 8,200 + approximately 644 Model S reservations from 1/1/2012 to 2/10/2012 + 644 Model X reservations = 9,758 reservations.

You'll need to update your net totals, then. ;) I simply added your still-current numbers. (I guess it's a typo that you used 644 twice.)

Last edited: