Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Reservation Tally

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
View attachment 10627 just U.S.A. reservations per day.
To sell 20k cars each year, the worldwide reservation rate needs to be about 58/day (allowing for 5% drop rate). If the US is 75% of the market, that would mean about 43/day. That looks realistic, under the plausible assumption that the reservation rate will increase as more Model S hit the road, the wait time shortens, and positive press continues.

To sell 20k cars each year, the worldwide reservation rate needs to be about 58/day (allowing for 5% drop rate). If the US is 75% of the market, that would mean about 43/day. That looks realistic, under the plausible assumption that the reservation rate will increase as more Model S hit the road, the wait time shortens, and positive press continues.

Also the increase in the number of stores. I think they have like 16ish open in the U.S. and are going to ~25ish in just a few months. For my part I think Tesla will have little trouble generating the sales they need.

Also the increase in the number of stores. I think they have like 16ish open in the U.S. and are going to ~25ish in just a few months. For my part I think Tesla will have little trouble generating the sales they need.
I think they will be ok, once their supercharger networkr is built out further more people will learn about the car
and once they see that tesla can truly replace their ICE they'll prefer tesla

Not to mention all the advertising current teslas are doing

I was under the impression that Tesla had closed the R list quite a while ago, and wasn't adding any more to the list?

If your reservation number is greater than the reservation number listed below, please post 1) your reservation number / date received 2) region and 3) type: Signature or General Production.

R = Roadster Owner/Friends and Family
August 14, 2012
Southeast USA
General Production

I think US R number should be updated using info from this post: Model S Reservation Tally - Page 173

And US SSL should be updated to 249 from here: Welcome to Google Docs

Keep in mind there are "holes" from people that have canceled their orders. I would imagine it's a much lower rate for SSLs and Rs, but there are still going to be some open spots that mean the 249 number of SSLs is actually lower. We've heard a few times that they are not re-sequencing when someone cancels an order. There have been 249 SSL orders placed, but we don't know how many of those are still active.

Keep in mind there are "holes" from people that have canceled their orders. I would imagine it's a much lower rate for SSLs and Rs, but there are still going to be some open spots that mean the 249 number of SSLs is actually lower. We've heard a few times that they are not re-sequencing when someone cancels an order. There have been 249 SSL orders placed, but we don't know how many of those are still active.

Sure, we've been keeping track of that as the difference between "gross total" and "net total", on the first page. I assume you mean that the net total should not be increased for the older numbers coming from Zzzz.