Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S REST API

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine stopped working at 8:50am (CST).. I'm using the old API, but my car was also picked up for service yesterday so I guess I'm not really a good data point. The tech may have disabled remote access as they used to while they have the car.

It was working at 8:50a though.

DIY IoT for the fast mobile Thing ! Build your own Tesla automation with no coding

If you want to build your own Tesla apps and automation its now possible to use the Tesla APIs without the need to program or develop apps.

Want to turn on your Hue house lights when your car gets to a certain location ?

Need an SMS reminder to plug your car in at night if the battery is low ?

These and infinitely more scenarios are possible with a new IoT platform called Octoblu which has recently provided Tesla APIs for all to try out. The service is free and in Beta now.
For an example workflow any one with a Tesla can build or copy check out my post here.

http://blogs.citrix.com/2015/02/10/...-octoblu-makes-the-fast-mobile-thing-smarter/

teslachargereminder.png

Disclaimer: I work for Citrix who recently acquired Octoblu which is an IoT platform that integrates everything to everything. We thought the Tesla crowd would appreciate this example of the power of APIs. I expect many of you will come up with and implement some really compelling use cases.

Try it out and let me know

Chris Fleck

IoT platform and no code design tool for Tesla APIs

Octoblu just released the Tesla APIs integrated into a no code design tool. This lets the Tesla talk to almost everything and build any workflow automation.
This is an example that checks the battery status every night and sends an SMS it its less than 50%.
http://blogs.citrix.com/2015/02/10/...-octoblu-makes-the-fast-mobile-thing-smarter/

ChargeReminder.png

Disclaimer: I work for Citrix who recently acquired Octoblu the iOE platform that connects everything to everything. We thought this TMC crowd could get some good ideas and use with this free beta service.

Octoblu just released the Tesla APIs integrated into a no code design tool. This lets the Tesla talk to almost everything and build any workflow automation.
This is an example that checks the battery status every night and sends an SMS it its less than 50%.

View attachment 71898

Disclaimer: I work for Citrix who recently acquired Octoblu the iOE platform that connects everything to everything. We thought this TMC crowd could get some good ideas and use with this free beta service.
Looks very similar to Node-Red.

View attachment 71898

I tried it out and from early testing seems awesome! Looking to integrate this with homeseer...

Like this?

View attachment 71921

I've never used Octoblu so I honestly don't know how it compares. I am not affiliated in any way with the Node-Red guys. It just so happens that for fun I had made some Tesla nodes and built similar flows. My biggest problem remains getting throttled by Tesla when using the new API.

It seems similar but perhaps a little more user friendly than node red. There are a lot of things on there that are plug and play. I could see someone without any program experience use Octoblu...

It seems similar but perhaps a little more user friendly than node red. There are a lot of things on there that are plug and play. I could see someone without any program experience use Octoblu...

I see where the similarities come from. From octoblu/meshblu · GitHub "Nodeblu is Octoblu's fork of the popular NodeRED application from IBM." Hmm. The wonderful world of open source. Very cool.