Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S revisions?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 257xx VIN... no tow hook in my frunk. Has the cool little spot carved out for it, though. Where is the receiver? I'd strongly prefer it be pulled up onto the flatbed via tow hook if it's capable. Would just need to order the part from Tesla, presumably.

I have a 257xx VIN... no tow hook in my frunk. Has the cool little spot carved out for it, though. Where is the receiver? I'd strongly prefer it be pulled up onto the flatbed via tow hook if it's capable. Would just need to order the part from Tesla, presumably.

Mine is 265XX and I have the hook.

The receiver is located behind the nose cone, on the driver's side.

Based on the shape of the area where the hook should go, I assume I'm looking for a plain old (but large) threaded hole in the frame?

I haven't actually looked at the receiver, but here's the pic from the manual.
y5e8anar.jpg

It'd be interesting to see how many folks with the tow hook (or even just the stowage area for it) actually have the receiver in the frame. There was some talk that the tow hook design was used for Euro-spec vehicles, and that US-spec vehicles *couldn't* use the tow hook (due to front-end crush requirements). I have the stowage area in mine, but no hook; I haven't checked the frame behind the nosecone yet.

I haven't actually looked at the receiver, but here's the pic from the manual.

Thanks. I'll check back there as soon as I can get the car washed and watch the nosecone removal tutorials.

It'd be interesting to see how many folks with the tow hook (or even just the stowage area for it) actually have the receiver in the frame. There was some talk that the tow hook design was used for Euro-spec vehicles, and that US-spec vehicles *couldn't* use the tow hook (due to front-end crush requirements). I have the stowage area in mine, but no hook; I haven't checked the frame behind the nosecone yet.

Kind of interested in this, myself. Tow hooks are strongly preferable. If we have the receiver, it's really unusual to not include the hook itself. In another thread someone said they had the receiver and the spot in the frunk for it, but Tesla refused to provide or sell them the hook. I don't get it.

I had an overarching question that is only partially covered in these replies...

Has there been any recurring timeline or cadence to the launch of new features? I know we don't have years of history here, but I'm trying to judge if there are any general patterns emerging. For example...has it been a general rule that no new features are launched before a quarterly earnings call?

Perhaps there has been no pattern...just thought I'd check with the experts here. I'm on the verge of ordering (in the coming month or so) so I just wanted to do due diligence. I realize there will always be SOMETHING new, but was hoping to catch the next batch of upgrades...if there is such a thing!

I had an overarching question that is only partially covered in these replies...

Has there been any recurring timeline or cadence to the launch of new features? I know we don't have years of history here, but I'm trying to judge if there are any general patterns emerging. For example...has it been a general rule that no new features are launched before a quarterly earnings call?

Perhaps there has been no pattern...just thought I'd check with the experts here. I'm on the verge of ordering (in the coming month or so) so I just wanted to do due diligence. I realize there will always be SOMETHING new, but was hoping to catch the next batch of upgrades...if there is such a thing!
Just be careful. Every round of upgrades has also included a round of price changes too.

Would be nice to have a wiki for the first page and get a clean summary there before this tread reaches 20 pages.

My contribution: the have been at least 4 battery revision since day 1. There is a lot of talk about RevA vs RevB regarding 90kW VS 120kW Supercharging, but whats new in Rev C or Rev D ?

All I can say is that my VIN 25610 has a Rev D battery, no idea if the VIN cutoff.

bat rev D.jpg

Didn't see these yet (may have missed them)

P+ package added

EU has security system I think

Electronic folding side mirrors added

There's a vent thing in the armrest now

The 12V line where the microphone is was removed (presumably due to canceling lighted vanity mirrors)

Aero wheels added then removed

Adjustable camber bolts standard now I think

Would be nice to have a wiki for the first page and get a clean summary there before this tread reaches 20 pages.

My contribution: the have been at least 4 battery revision since day 1. There is a lot of talk about RevA vs RevB regarding 90kW VS 120kW Supercharging, but whats new in Rev C or Rev D ?

All I can say is that my VIN 25610 has a Rev D battery, no idea if the VIN cutoff.

View attachment 41358

Thanks, now I don't have to crawl under our car to see which rev we have. Your car came off the line about a week before ours so I'm 99% sure I have the same rev as you. :)

The Paint Armor covered areas decreased somewhere after VIN 2000.
Fog lights were improved.
Alcantara headliner removed (used to be standard on Performance)

Not directly about car hardware, but personal delivery was removed for those who live fairly close to a Service Center.

Intredasting,

I'm picking up my Vin 1966 in 10 days with paint armor. Its a P85, does that mean I'll get more Paint armor and alcantara?