Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well there is no Car off unless you go to the Controls page and power off, but that's a few extra steps. An Exit Profile is pretty simple, but not automatic.

And I wouldn't want the steering wheel to retract whenever I hit Park.

The car turns off as soon as you move from the seat, the thing that would occur just after you removed the key in an ICE. Park, what would occur just prior to removing the key in an ICE, is actually a great time, since you don't need the wheel when you're parked anyway, and provides some time to fully move before exiting the vehicle.

While they may not be your preference, you asked when it could happen. Those are both valid possibilities that provide functionality similar to what was requested.

The car turns off as soon as you move from the seat, the thing that would occur just after you removed the key in an ICE. Park, what would occur just prior to removing the key in an ICE, is actually a great time, since you don't need the wheel when you're parked anyway, and provides some time to fully move before exiting the vehicle.

While they may not be your preference, you asked when it could happen. Those are both valid possibilities that provide functionality similar to what was requested.

But not with "Park". There are A LOT of time I need to unlock the pax doors to let people in, so I put the car in Park to do that which extends the handles. I wouldn't want the steering wheel moving up and then down again quickly. Not every time that the car is put in park is an indication that someone is getting out of the car. And by the time your but leaves the seat, the steering wheel should be well out of the way, not just starting to move. Also, there are frequent times that I'm at a supercharger and I want to see the dashboard while charging, I wouldn't want the steering wheel to be up and in the way just because I put the car in park, plugged in, and got back in the car. At that point, I'd have to manually move the wheel out of the way.

Still just sounds like a bunch of reasons you don't prefer it rather than reasons why it wouldn't work. For example, you could unlock the doors via the controls menu.

I suppose they could also do car in park and driver's door open, which sounds like it would resolve your complaints. Lots of options.

• Allow (at least android) app to receive address URLs and send them to the car for navigation.
This would look like the "open with" where Maps, Waze, Google Earth etc are currently options, but the Tesla app would be added, and when the address is sent to the car, it would begin navigation to the sent address. It would be trivial to add into the manifest, the difficult part is plumbing the API to include that function.​

• Schedule charging completion, rather than charging start.
Given a known charging location it should not be difficult to estimate the time that charging can complete so that the car is charged and battery conditioned when you're ready to leave for work in the morning.

Given a known charging location it should not be difficult to estimate the time that charging can complete so that the car is charged and battery conditioned when you're ready to leave for work in the morning.
That's a great feature on the Ampera/Volt.
I can't understand why Tesla did'nt offer it from day one.

Given that I'm on 110v charging for now*, this would be a great feature. I'm leaving on a large trip soon, and sure would like to say "Charge to Full by 8am on Tuesday" so that it's ready to go without me guessing when to *start* charging to get a range charge at 110v.

*Getting NEMA 14-50 next week.

This was brought up to Elon at one point and he emphatically agreed. I would not be surprised at all to see this in 6.0

2. Reversing lines on the rear camera that move with the wheel

3. If you have paid for parking sensors, they should display on the rear camera as blocks of yellow then red colour in front of the objects they have detected. See any Jaguar/Land Rover product for reference

Indeed that are 2 points really missing when you are used of then and it would be nice to have more than 2 regions in the sensors, perhaps 1 region for every single sensor

There are 71 pages to this thread and I can't go through all of them to see if this has been posted already, but there is a very good forum on the Tesla site where owners and reservation holders can vote for enhancements and the list is compiled so it is MUCH easier to see all of the enhancements and their voted rank in the opening post. http://www.teslamotors.com/forum/forums/prioritized-software-enhancement-list

Here's something that's really bugging me. Say I have my iPhone connected via Bluetooth for Audio and Phone -- Say I'm listening to some other audio source (USB, radio, Slacker, etc), or even have no audio at all, ALL the normal sounds that the phone would make (incoming email, text messages, voicemail, etc) are still sent to the Bluetooth output and not the phone's speakers.

So my suggestion for a firmware change would be only connect Audio Bluetooth to the phone when the phone is selected as an Audio source. As soon as it is de-selected, break the BT connection and re-connect if/when it is requested. Sure, there will be a very short delay for the re-connection, but I've missed some very important messages since I was unable to hear the alert tones on the phone itself when connected to the car (unless I was also listening to the phone as an audio source, in which case they do go through).

Select a ringtone that vibrates and rings. I keep mine on my belt, or with a ProClip Mount facing me so I am alerted to important texts.

I already have ringtones that vibrate. But I also don't like/want a dashboard mount for the phone -- I don't like how they disrupt the look of the interior. I'd rather have the phone in the console tray or cup holder instead of staring me in the face on a dashboard clip mounted phone. I think a much more elegant is to not have the MS hijack the audio output of the phone unless it is actually being used.

Here's something that's really bugging me. Say I have my iPhone connected via Bluetooth for Audio and Phone -- Say I'm listening to some other audio source (USB, radio, Slacker, etc), or even have no audio at all, ALL the normal sounds that the phone would make (incoming email, text messages, voicemail, etc) are still sent to the Bluetooth output and not the phone's speakers.

So my suggestion for a firmware change would be only connect Audio Bluetooth to the phone when the phone is selected as an Audio source.

I like the current implementation and use it often - ex: navigate with Waze while listening to Slacker.