Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple years ago text-to-speech of incoming text messages was added to the ancient MCU vehicles such as mine. I wish somebody actually tested this stuff before releasing, there is no means of adjusting the audio volume level, it is 100%. The volume scroll wheel on the steering wheel does nothing, normally it controls telephone audio independent from entertainment audio when the telephone is active. Neither telephone nor entertainment volume affects incoming text audio.
Agreed! This should be a simple fix, but needs to be channeled up.

They "fixed" this in the latest release. Now the minimum following distance is so damn far from the car in front of you that you would never want to adjust it to be farther.
This is dictated by the removal of radar. Tesla Vision relies on optics only (because of cost) and optical ranging is older, less advanced than radio wave ranging (radar).

They "fixed" this in the latest release. Now the minimum following distance is so damn far from the car in front of you that you would never want to adjust it to be farther.
Are you serious (you can now use the scroll wheel) or being sarcastic? I am on FSD beta now so I don’t have the latest update.

And following distance is situation dependent, which is why I want the quick adjustment in the first place. To me any setting under 5 is downright tailgating on the rural highways I spend 90% of my time on. To be closer invites rock chips on the paint, windshield and glass roof.

But then in the city, I sent it to 2 or 3, as I want to be closer to prevent cars darting in front. The need to switch it back and forth situationally is the whole reason I want the quick adjustment option.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
And following distance is situation dependent, which is why I want the quick adjustment in the first place. To me any setting under 5 is downright tailgating on the rural highways I spend 90% of my time on. To be closer invites rock chips on the paint, windshield and glass roof.

But then in the city, I sent it to 2 or 3, as I want to be closer to prevent cars darting in front. The need to switch it back and forth situationally is the whole reason I want the quick adjustment option.
Considered multiple profiles with the following distance being the only different setting?

Considered multiple profiles with the following distance being the only different setting?
Thx. That's one way you could do it, but realistically, it would still require going into the menu to change following distance.

Right now I can do that by bringing up the menu, going to autopilot, and changing it from there. It just requires more clicks than it should, especially given every other Tesla model (and older Model S/X) allow the scroll wheel to be used for this. Setting a whole different profile would obviously work but would require even more clicks to get to the same end result, not to mention now requiring two profiles to be updated for every other setting that I might change...

Thx. That's one way you could do it, but realistically, it would still require going into the menu to change following distance.

Right now I can do that by bringing up the menu, going to autopilot, and changing it from there. It just requires more clicks than it should, especially given every other Tesla model (and older Model S/X) allow the scroll wheel to be used for this. Setting a whole different profile would obviously work but would require even more clicks to get to the same end result, not to mention now requiring two profiles to be updated for every other setting that I might change...
Completely agree with your entire comment. Be interesting to see when (and if) the scroll wheel functionality for Autopilot distance comes.

Manual override to open doors when battery is out of power or vehicle is updating software. Got locked out during an update lol. And the car was charging at that time so charging was interrupted but could not open charging port which closed on top of the charging cable and i could not interrupt the update either. Rookie move on my part. Still learning the car, only had for less then 3 months.

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Manual override to open doors when battery is out of power or vehicle is updating software. Got locked out during an update lol. And the car was charging at that time so charging was interrupted but could not open charging port which closed on top of the charging cable and i could not interrupt the update either. Rookie move on my part. Still learning the car, only had for less then 3 months.
Isn’t there a mechanical release latch for all doors? One that does not require power.

My requests are on the app actually - the schedule function. Instead of just letting you set a leave at time as a schedule that repeats every day, I would like an option for a one-time you could set the night before. I know you can kind of do this but then I forget to turn it off and the car preconditions the following day until I turn it off.

I would also like an option to increase the change state in a more dynamic way. For example, If I need to go to 95% for a long drive and leave by 9am, I want to schedule that and have the car charge to 80% overnight and the continue to 95% on a schedule that will get there at 9am.

Also would like a little more functionality on the charging stats. They only list the last 30 days and I would like the ability to do a calendar month or range of dates. Any sort of data table output would be helpful too. I do an expense report and would like to charge the home charging value cleanly with something the app generates.