Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tourist mode - Dual display of speeds

Just did a road trip to Europe. Switched the car to Kph no problems, but having a subscript Mph would have been useful!
Perhaps it depends on the model of car or where the car was designed to be sold. I was in Canada a couple of weeks ago in my classic Model S-60 and when I switched to km/h it showed mph in small print below the big speed number.

I wasn't moving when I took this picture, having reached 250,000 km on my car, but it shows the "0 mph" number I am referring to:
IMG_20230513_160347250_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Perhaps it depends on the model of car or where the car was designed to be sold. I was in Canada a couple of weeks ago in my classic Model S-60 and when I switched to km/h it showed mph in small print below the big speed number.

I wasn't moving when I took this picture, having reached 250,000 km on my car, but it shows the "0 mph" number I am referring to:
View attachment 943289
Love the original Speedo!

Still have no control over volume level in SMS text to speech. It plays at full volume. Scroll wheel on left of steering wheel does not affect.
And when a text message is not correctly recognized as being html format, the voice spells out every word and takes forever! 😬
Then if navigation voice interrupts the text message reading, it comes back afterwards and you can't stop it! 🤯

Reactions: N4HHE
And when a text message is not correctly recognized as being html format, the voice spells out every word and takes forever! 😬
Then if navigation voice interrupts the text message reading, it comes back afterwards and you can't stop it! 🤯
All TXT in general is a hot mess. Everything you listed, group messages which reply back to single sender, then a complete abortion of all txt randomly when it feels like it, and finally the ghost texts it puts up randomly from like 5 years ago.

Reactions: Bugeater
All TXT in general is a hot mess. Everything you listed, group messages which reply back to single sender, then a complete abortion of all txt randomly when it feels like it, and finally the ghost texts it puts up randomly from like 5 years ago.
After an update a while ago the ghost texts stopped showing for me up but there are certainly a lot of issues with the current interface! Maybe they should also put up a small window on the MCU with concurrent but more powerful controls.
Wouldn't hurt if they could better support group messages...

One thing I would like is for the Navigation to have an option to sort our favorite destinations alphabetically. Having to scroll through the chronological list to find a place I visited several months ago is very time consuming. I know... "1st world problems', but it would be a nice feature to have. :)

Thanks!

- James

I agree James. The best option would be to let us simply edit the list and drag the destinations to where we want them. For instance, 'Home' and 'Work' are easy to find but if you have a #3 location that you frequent (i.e. parents or a significant-other), it would be nice to place that at near the top of the list also.

I agree James. The best option would be to let us simply edit the list and drag the destinations to where we want them. For instance, 'Home' and 'Work' are easy to find but if you have a #3 location that you frequent (i.e. parents or a significant-other), it would be nice to place that at near the top of the list also.

There's a Favourite list on mine. I have my GF's place bookmarked there, Parents etc

Reactions: Bugeater
On Android you can also adjust your phones volume. It would impact all BT items but easy to do. And yes, this us a Tesla bug.
Is not my iPhone providing the text to speech translation so there is nothing I can do on the iPhone.

This is a software feature which has been added to my Model S since original delivery December 17, 2013.

The audio level from telephone communications is separately controllable vs music. The same means of adjustment fails when text is being read to me.