Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s incredible. Auto shift is one of the best tech features of the car.
It is a nice feature today, but needs improvement. It is beta, I get it. The design of the yoke and instrument cluster is finally starting to be flawed (in my opinion, this is the first issue I have had. Others have complained for years). I have to tweak the yoke or my head to see what is green and checked versus what I still need to do before auto shift engages. And if I move the yoke, I then "uncheck" the yoke position for auto-shift to work.

I know it will get there, but it is currently a bit frustrating. And I am faster at switching out of gears than before auto-shift even presents on the instrument cluster.

It is a nice feature today, but needs improvement. It is beta, I get it. The design of the yoke and instrument cluster is finally starting to be flawed (in my opinion, this is the first issue I have had. Others have complained for years). I have to tweak the yoke or my head to see what is green and checked versus what I still need to do before auto shift engages. And if I move the yoke, I then "uncheck" the yoke position for auto-shift to work.

I know it will get there, but it is currently a bit frustrating. And I am faster at switching out of gears than before auto-shift even presents on the instrument cluster.
Just another reason the yoke is inappropriately implemented.

My hands free trunk has never worked. Is there a certain "production" date that I am sure I missed? I also figured if the car does not support the feature, it is not configurable in the settings (last I recall).

Edit: I should have scrolled through the posts before posting. Looks like an iOS app update broke the feature.
I think the iOS app update fixed it. It works again.

Reactions: cwanja and TBrownTX
My hands free trunk has never worked. Is there a certain "production" date that I am sure I missed? I also figured if the car does not support the feature, it is not configurable in the settings (last I recall).

Edit: I should have scrolled through the posts before posting. Looks like an iOS app update broke the feature.
You also need to go into controls and turn the feature on in your car. My phone is set to automatically download updates and as of this morning my hands-free trunk continues to work. I'm on an iPhone 14 Pro Max.

I think if you use it more, you'll find that you don't look at the indicators on the screen after awhile. I just do a quick tap the brake pedal quick while still rolling, then turn the wheel until I hear the chime, then accelerate the other direction.

• Helpful
Reactions: cwanja and TBrownTX
Well, I got my wish, and then some.

New yoke, yoke bolt, center horn, camera button where the horn was and got to keep the old yoke.

Was expecting the worst, esp since my old yoke was pristine. But no issues replacing it, did not care at all about my OBD and SMT setup.

Best service I have ever had in 7 years of Tesla ownership. Done in 10 minutes. Must have missed this guy on the layoffs, normally when the cream floats to the top it is skimmed off.

Mobile even showed up in tastefully optioned red/walnut/cream '21 MS just like mine!

Attachments

• 17187291709466922428652554209040.jpg
    17187291709466922428652554209040.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 1
Update: hands free trunk does not work with latest iOS app update (for me).

Tried:
- Tesla locked / unlocked
- Tesla plugged in / unplugged
- Restarting Tesla iOS app
- Toggling iOS settings off / on for "Nearby interactions"
- iOS app open / iPhone locked / iOS screen unlocked on home screen
- Toggling in-car setting on / off
- Various positions near and beside the car and phone at bumper, trunk and above trunk level

Nothing. Maybe I am "too close" considering car is in my garage and backed up against a wall. Will have to try in a different environment with more space.