Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think the placement of the screen was designed for the yoke. It is the people (like me) who have the round wheel that have some impaired views. I find the screen placement manageable but not ideal.
Same here. I wonder how hard it would be for the car to recognize what kind of steering wheel or at least have the user enter what kind of steering wheel they are using and slightly adjust the user interface accordingly.

Mine also stopped working today and I updated my app to 4.34.0 yesterday. Now when I go into the app store it looks like they've taken 4.34.0 down and you can download 4.33.5 again. I might try that later.
Yes I think that’s it. My wife is on 4.33.5 and it works fine. I’m on 4.34.0 and it doesn’t now. I don’t see a way to download 4.33.5 again, mind.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja
For me, I've lowered the seat as far as it will go. In the 2012 Model S, it was not a problem. Just for the 2021+ at least. The need to have a version of the UI that accounts for a round steering wheel. Or just shift things an inch for everyone.
Yep. I had no issue on pre-refresh S with the steering wheel and seeing everything, either. It’s the refresh was designed around the yoke, and it’s never been quite right since.

Maybe it’s an issue on the iOS side? Mine is working fine so far, but I do see I have an update for the app pending
Mine works consistently in opening, but it's 50/50 whether I get the 3 audible indicators. I get the flashing lights all the time, but I don't always get the 3 beeps. I've really been impressed with the ultra-wideband update. No issues with the car detecting my phone since that update.

Mine works consistently in opening, but it's 50/50 whether I get the 3 audible indicators. I get the flashing lights all the time, but I don't always get the 3 beeps. I've really been impressed with the ultra-wideband update. No issues with the car detecting my phone since that update.
Yes, mine (before update 4.34 removes UWB completely) behaves the same. Also the beeping is over-loud, as you can hear the speaker clipping/crackling at such a high volume. Otherwise, it did work very well before the iOS app update. Hopefully Tesla fixes it with the next software update, as this is a pretty bad look for them...

If you're on iOS, do not update to Tesla version 4.34 if you want to keep the ultra Wideband functionality.

Reactions: brooklyn
The hands free trunk feature worked the first day but stopped working as well. I do have nearby access turned on for the iPhone and the feature turned on in the car.
My hands free trunk has never worked. Is there a certain "production" date that I am sure I missed? I also figured if the car does not support the feature, it is not configurable in the settings (last I recall).

Edit: I should have scrolled through the posts before posting. Looks like an iOS app update broke the feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: dsm363 and Seattle