Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Software/Firmware wishlist

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One nice change on 2024.14.x is they made the drive selector a shorter pull. You can see the reverse arrow far higher up and you don’t need to drag down/up as much to switch between the two. Really nice change.

View attachment 1056060
Hmm, mine is the same as before

IMG_4204.jpeg

I was feeling geeky so I watched 2024.14.9 install - always curiously entertaining with the lights and noises.

Anyway, it finished and I manually rebooted again as usual. I was poking around the menus quite a bit when a pop up of "Downloading game update" appeared. Then overnight there was a map update.

Personally I really would like to choose WHEN my components gets updated. If on a trip, I'd defer any SW changes. Not to mention about potential A/B testing of FSDs without our knowledge, if true. It sure seems like there are days where FSDs is a turd but then the next day does some incredible stuff. Not asking permission to modify my car just feels very wrong.

I was feeling geeky so I watched 2024.14.9 install - always curiously entertaining with the lights and noises.

Anyway, it finished and I manually rebooted again as usual. I was poking around the menus quite a bit when a pop up of "Downloading game update" appeared. Then overnight there was a map update.

Personally I really would like to choose WHEN my components gets updated. If on a trip, I'd defer any SW changes. Not to mention about potential A/B testing of FSDs without our knowledge, if true. It sure seems like there are days where FSDs is a turd but then the next day does some incredible stuff. Not asking permission to modify my car just feels very wrong.
I just got this but don't seem to have the V12 interface with the large car display for some reason.

The hands free trunk feature worked the first day but stopped working as well. I do have nearby access turned on for the iPhone and the feature turned on in the car.

Same here. Not working at all today. Did you ever figure this out?
I didn't. I haven't updated the car or iPhone OS since I updated. Didn't change any settings either. It worked I think for a day and thought it was a cool feature. Then it just stopped working.

Maybe it’s an issue on the iOS side? Mine is working fine so far, but I do see I have an update for the app pending
Could be. I don't remember updating iOS after the Tesla update.

• Informative
Reactions: WilliamG
I didn't. I haven't updated the car or iPhone OS since I updated. Didn't change any settings either. It worked I think for a day and thought it was a cool feature. Then it just stopped working.

Could be. I don't remember updating iOS after the Tesla update.
I need to test when out and about. I only tested in my garage, but yeah, it’s odd it stopped working at home. I also would like to see Tesla tweak the volume of the beeps when it does work. It’s clearly clipping at max volume. Sounds a bit like a blown external speaker when it clips.

I think the placement of the screen was designed for the yoke. It is the people (like me) who have the round wheel that have some impaired views. I find the screen placement manageable but not ideal.
Exactly why I got the yoke. I used to hate it when gas cars I had blocked the speedometer from about 45 to 75 mph. Not ideal. Love the joke.

Reactions: TBrownTX
That’s incredible. Auto shift is one of the best tech features of the car.
I have no idea since it’s a new feature not enabled for me. It auto shifts out of park and that’s it.

And an update on auto trunk opening, - it’s completely broken. After working that first day perfectly, it won’t work at all. I rebooted the car, I rebooted the phone, toggled the car option on and off for the auto trunk etc. Sigh.

• Informative
Reactions: cwanja
Do
I have no idea since it’s a new feature not enabled for me. It auto shifts out of park and that’s it.

And an update on auto trunk opening, - it’s completely broken. After working that first day perfectly, it won’t work at all. I rebooted the car, I rebooted the phone, toggled the car option on and off for the auto trunk etc. Sigh.
Do you carry more than one device? Another phone perhaps that you also have as a key?