Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Tour (Stores)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another comment on the signature red. This was my first time seeing this color and it is really spectacular, and worth the upgrade to signature. Deep red color with pearlescent quality. I wept inside for not jumping on board sooner.

interesting...I was considering getting the red but thought it looked to maroon in pictures....will check it out and may go with red if it is as spectacular as you say.

Powertrain Problem
Car Is In Limp Mode

I guess this is the "out of juice, about to be bricked" experience. You would think after the bricking blog drama they'd avoid letting a store vehicle's battery drain that low.

Some of these showroom betas don't even have the battery pack installed the and are just siting in the store as a demo model to show off screen and interface.

Powertrain Problem
Car Is In Limp Mode

I guess this is the "out of juice, about to be bricked" experience. You would think after the bricking blog drama they'd avoid letting a store vehicle's battery drain that low.

I was under the impression it had been disabled. Probably so no one cause cause an incident in the middle of a mall.

interesting...I was considering getting the red but thought it looked to maroon in pictures....will check it out and may go with red if it is as spectacular as you say.

I as been worried I would be unhappy with my choice of red, but was completely reassured after my visit last night. It's really generous and I think it's much more interesting than the other sig colors IMHO.

Depending upon which advisor you asked, the car either came off the line or was hand built. I tend to think line over hand-built.
Interesting... I was assured by several people that it is a factory car, and the only one of the four that is.

trim was CF, although the CF was a matte patina and not much depth. It differed from the hand samples. It didn't quite pop like I thought it would, but was still attractive.
I agree. It seemed matte whereas in the Roadster it's very glossy.

It's hard to tell in these pics but here you go anyway:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336259762.505991.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336259780.280704.jpg

I would agree with Spatterson911, the red in person is just beautiful. The online design center doesn't do justice to how nice the Signature red looks in person. The Signature red also looks great at night as I've seen it up close during the wee hours of the morning when it was loaded in at the Bellevue Square store.

@dadaleus - key fob does have buttons. There are three, one at the hood, one over the top, and one at the trunk. You depress along the center to activate. It was working on the performance and I was able to lock the doors.
Door pops open with an electric click!

Much better pics than my iPhone shots!

Great news about the fob! The rep I happened to be sitting in the car with at that moment was very enthusiastic but didn't know any details about it. I was confused by the lack of apparent buttons so this makes more sense.

The lock makes an identical sound to the Roadster in fact! I was surprised that you actually have to push the handle a bit--I thought it would be contact sensitive but it's actually pressure-sensitive. Inversely the door unlock action only requires a touch to the inside of the handle--that action is contact sensitive... No pulling required to unlock, but of course you do need to pull the door open.

Powertrain Problem

Furthermore (to my earlier post) the car is actually plugged into a 110v. I started turning up the amps to see how high it allowed and the rep made me stop since its on an extension cord.

It's been mentioned and confirmed in other places that the display cars don'y have a powertrain installed. They're not meant to be driven....

Note: in a couple of places, like FL, we have Beta's that were used for the October event etc. and have been recycled to be a display car but their powertrain is still installed. They are, however, generally not road legal due to a lack of airbags and working seatbelts.