Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Tour (Stores)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Every video about the Model S should have background voice stating "I embrace my greatness! I do." That way we know if it's an authentic TMC video.

It could be Tesla's slogan: "Embrace your greatness: Drive a Tesla!"

In the video, one can see only a little bit that when moving the hand into the handle, the door will already pop open an inch or two (not just release the door for manual movement). At least that's what it did in my case.

Yes, it does that consistently. That's what made me say "Cool!" It sounds like it's the same lock mechanism as the roadster, but no button push is required. I believe it's a contact sensor: You have to touch the handle, but barely.

Also, anyone get some full body shots of the white perf by chance?

Just came back from Fashion Island. The white performance model was the newest beta there, and "fit and finish" is coming along nicely. Here you go Outsider, some full body shots below.

Three angles of view:
ModelS_Perf #1.jpg

ModelS_Perf #2.jpg

ModelS_Perf #5.jpg

Someone may have already posted a close-up of the Perf rims mounted on the S, but just in case I'll throw this one in.
ModelS_Perf #4.jpg

And here's a photo of my oldest daughter, so impressed with seeing the Model S in person, she decided to sign up for her own reservation. Thank goodness I caught her in time to stop her - we just need one reservation in our family right now :biggrin:.
Elena-Signing.jpg

Last edited:
A big thanks to everyone posting pictures of the cars at the event; I attended in person and missed some of the details you guys caught on camera and video. It's very much appreciated as it adds perspective from many more sets of eyeballs at the event. For those that did attend, if you entered via the parking lot the Tesla store is on, you noticed some construction work being done in said lot. Purely speculation on my part, however I believe some additional EV charging stations are going to be installed. I base this on a conversation I had with a security guard on duty at the mall. My rumor for the day.:smile:

Purely speculation on my part, however I believe some additional EV charging stations are going to be installed. I base this on a conversation I had with a security guard on duty at the mall. My rumor for the day.:smile:

Awesome. We were wondering what was going on when we saw that. I hadn't noticed the construction a couple weeks ago when I was there, but that location would be perfect - fairly close to the valet station.

It's all coming together now... :cool:

Seeing them in person totally convinced me I made the right choice with the red and the 21" wheels. Of course I live in Southern California, so I don't have to contend with cold conditions.

Frankly, the 21" wheels are gorgeous IMHO. Moreover, as an EV advocate, aggressive is exactly how I want my EV to be seen. It doesn't hurt having gotten used to the attention and questions the Roadster has generated over the last two years. Yea, I could get a little more range with the 19" or even aero wheels, but it's worth it to me to have a damn amazing looking car that happens to be electric.

here are some more photos of the white performance taken earlier today -

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/22836910_z58NQg

I'm mixed on the dry carbon fiber (matte) finish. I've seen other dry carbon finishes, but in the tesla seems to have an overly or extra thick plasticky finish.

The white performance S had 2 USB ports next to the cigarette 12v outlet under the armrests. Close enough to the rear to at least share between the front and back.

here are some more photos of the white performance taken earlier today -

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/22836910_z58NQg

I'm mixed on the dry carbon fiber (matte) finish. I've seen other dry carbon finishes, but in the tesla seems to have an overly or extra thick plasticky finish.

The white performance S had 2 USB ports next to the cigarette 12v outlet under the armrests. Close enough to the rear to at least share between the front and back.
I wasn't sure yet if I'd go with the white one.

But after seeing this one my mind is set: White Performance with black carbon interior with red piping, definitely!

The USB indeed is far enough to the rear that you can share, just have a USB extension cable somewhere in the car and you can juice up any phone in the back.

I also ran into George Blankenship, nice guy!

Seeing them in person totally convinced me I made the right choice with the red and the 21" wheels. Of course I live in Southern California, so I don't have to contend with cold conditions.

Frankly, the 21" wheels are gorgeous IMHO. Moreover, as an EV advocate, aggressive is exactly how I want my EV to be seen. It doesn't hurt having gotten used to the attention and questions the Roadster has generated over the last two years. Yea, I could get a little more range with the 19" or even aero wheels, but it's worth it to me to have a damn amazing looking car that happens to be electric.

+1
I just love the aggressive looks of the performance S with the lowered air suspension setting and carbon wheels.

The car looks like a million bucks! Outstanding!

A little concerned about the panel gaps still (I know this has been beaten to death before); the gaps between the rear hatch and the body in particular look unpalatable IMO - the white's clearly not helping in terms of deemphasizing the gaps...

There's another piece under the rear bumper that was in CF. The front Tesla Logo band by the hood is suppose to be in CF but was not installed on this model.

Edit: forgot, under the front bumper is also CF.

Here are a couple of pics of the front bumper with CF, rear diffuser with CF as well. Sorry for the horrid rear diffuser pic. My iphone wasn't flashing as well as I would have liked.

IMG_1207.JPG

IMG_1208.JPG

IMG_1210.JPG

IMG_1211.JPG

The car looks like a million bucks! Outstanding!

A little concerned about the panel gaps still (I know this has been beaten to death before); the gaps between the rear hatch and the body in particular look unpalatable IMO - the white's clearly not helping in terms of deemphasizing the gaps...

Yeah, that plus the really dark wheels (I expected gunmetal or similar) is pushing me towards red or silver. I considered custom, but I'd want brown and that wouldn't look right with the cf and wheels either. Thanks all for the pics!