Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S upgraded (mine, not the shape)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@paulp I'll be getting solar on soon...I managed to get 5x referrals for a PowerWall 2 will be coming my way in due course....thinking about getting solar and one extra PW2...so basically I should just get on as many panels as I can possibly fit?
You should do some modelling of your options, but yes maximum panels is money better spent than batteries if you can get a good feed-in-tariff. Do’t forget you lose panel efficiency at all but optimal angles, and also be mindful that you need a lot of winter solar to fill two batteries, so your payback may be a lot longer than you think if your solar is too small for your batteries.

Sure, 30% pitched roof with good east, north (mainly) and west....if I use the best kw pannels I should be able to get just under 30kw as a total system size....I would hope this would easily put in up to 60kw per day in winter (house, batteries and feed in etc.).

Best I'll do is about 12 cents per kw in Melbourne.....

Sure, 30% pitched roof with good east, north (mainly) and west....if I use the best kw pannels I should be able to get just under 30kw as a total system size....I would hope this would easily put in up to 60kw per day in winter (house, batteries and feed in etc.).

My all north facing 30kw system in Adelaide, albeit less than the 25 degree optimum pitch, produces 63kwh average per day during the worst two months, which are May and June.

• Informative
Reactions: Tension
Your weather isnt as good in melb so that will lose a small amount. 30 degrees is good, which will be better than mine, optimum in fact. West at 30 degrees you will lose 17%, and east 18%.
Microinvertors will give you a better result than a single invertor as well, as you wont get system-wide shutdown from panel issues. The enphase microinvertors come with a really good app that shows performance and issues on each panel.

The feed-in amount isnt as important as the difference between your consumption charge and feed-in tarif.

@Paul thanks...I was considering using East/West as I have so much north to help with morning/evening loads. My research had lead me to use enphase....not sure how much it'll help me as I don't have any over-shadowing however to be sure to be sure I'll run them.....

Thanks for your feedback....