Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S - V9 software downgrade, not what I purchased.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another annoying "feature" I noticed this afternoon is the fans blow less and were insufficient to cool the MS cabin, compared to v8

I thought it was just me but I’ve also noticed the cooling fan being weaker at the same temp setting. I now have to bump up the fan speed manually ... not had to do that before.

Although my main gripe is still taking my split/customizable screen away. I feel like a Tesla premium option has been removed.

Has anyone noticed reduced contrast of dashboard screen? As if it has gray background now...?

Yes, low contrast means more lumens from all the screen real estate. Milky blacks are bad enough, when driving becomes more rural, at night. I wish cars shared priorities with home theater systems: Good Blacks.

Another thing lost with Version 9 was being able to full-screen a black website. I used to leave my car on the qtes.la home page because it was a darker black than Tesla renders. New maps, and especially being forced to look at them all the time, isn't what I bought.

Once people get used to it being different no one will care anymore, but it's definitely buggy

Personally I'd hate to be known as that kind of company. It's the Tesla way or the highway, customer be damned?

They really seem to be alienating many of their core customers - at least I am feeling sold a bill of goods. Especially the MS/MX owners who took a chance on them giving them an opportunity to potentially become a great and viable company. The grand response to my management escalation was "we'll forward your concern to the appropriate department". In other words they blew me off.

Thirs release and their continued lack of a viable response is disappointing. They don't have to do it my way but it would be nice to hear a smidgen of truth now and then. I'd rather hear "this is our strategic direction - take it or go somewhere else" than this kind of pathetic response. At least i would know what my real choices are. And it would most likely not include another Tesla for me.

Seems unlikely we'll seem Tesla do much (if anything) to restore the V8 UI style.

The number of Tesla vehicles with horizontal displays will soon become the majority - and then become the vast majority of Tesla vehicles on the road. So we shouldn't be surprised to see the shift towards a UI style that works better on a horizontal display.

Plus, looking into my crystal ball, wouldn't be surprised to see the S/X models shift to using a horizontal display at some point. Since Tesla's goal is to get approval for FSD - once the driver is no longer driving the vehicle, it'll be better to have a large horizontal display to use with the media player for videos...

Like with each of the previous major releases with UI "improvements", there have been some positive features and some negative features - and after a while, got used to the new interface - and moved on. Though would still like to see them add the ability to change the media player source from the steering wheel (which we lost in V8)... (or is their a voice command to do that???).

Seems unlikely we'll seem Tesla do much (if anything) to restore the V8 UI style.

The number of Tesla vehicles with horizontal displays will soon become the majority - and then become the vast majority of Tesla vehicles on the road. So we shouldn't be surprised to see the shift towards a UI style that works better on a horizontal display.

Plus, looking into my crystal ball, wouldn't be surprised to see the S/X models shift to using a horizontal display at some point. Since Tesla's goal is to get approval for FSD - once the driver is no longer driving the vehicle, it'll be better to have a large horizontal display to use with the media player for videos...

Like with each of the previous major releases with UI "improvements", there have been some positive features and some negative features - and after a while, got used to the new interface - and moved on. Though would still like to see them add the ability to change the media player source from the steering wheel (which we lost in V8)... (or is their a voice command to do that???).
Does an Audi A8 have the same UI and Functionality as an Audi A3? A model s or x is not the same as a model 3 nor should they be. That's not what we paid for.

Personally I'd hate to be known as that kind of company. It's the Tesla way or the highway, customer be damned?

Do you use any of these products? Microsoft? Apple? Waze? Google? All of these companies change software to what they think is better. So they also have it as the take it or leave it mentality. All the above have a subset of pissed off users when things change.
This is industry standard.

Do you use any of these products? Microsoft? Apple? Waze? Google? All of these companies change software to what they think is better. So they also have it as the take it or leave it mentality. All the above have a subset of pissed off users when things change.
This is industry standard.

One can always install or keep win 7, use an iphone 5, and then there is Linux one can re install basically any old release out there. With little searching one still be able to go dig an old Slackware install ISO. :) :) Ill take the old V7 back anytime on an AP1.

One can always install or keep win 7, use an iphone 5, and then there is Linux one can re install basically any old release out there. With little searching one still be able to go dig an old Slackware install ISO. :) :) Ill take the old V7 back anytime on an AP1.

Fair point. Technically there are a number of folks who refuse the update. But your point is valid that with most of the companies I mentioned you can get back to the old version yourself.

They really seem to be alienating many of their core customers - at least I am feeling sold a bill of goods. Especially the MS/MX owners who took a chance on them giving them an opportunity to potentially become a great and viable company. The grand response to my management escalation was "we'll forward your concern to the appropriate department". In other words they blew me off.

Thirs release and their continued lack of a viable response is disappointing. They don't have to do it my way but it would be nice to hear a smidgen of truth now and then. I'd rather hear "this is our strategic direction - take it or go somewhere else" than this kind of pathetic response. At least i would know what my real choices are. And it would most likely not include another Tesla for me.

seems they may have a short memory
Elon Musk on Twitter
twitter.jpg