Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X deliveries with Intel-based MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi,

Could someone with new MCU post a video of the main screen refreshing/moving map during real drive navigation with maximum zoom and satelitte view ? (not scrolling nor zooming by hand)

It would be interesting to see the refresh rate here.

I know, so many damn people have the new MCU but we still have limited videos. I want a 30 minute video of every single nook and cranny using that MCU. Cmon, people digging for youtube referrals THIS IS GOLD.

Reactions: Amit519
I know, so many damn people have the new MCU but we still have limited videos. I want a 30 minute video of every single nook and cranny using that MCU. Cmon, people digging for youtube referrals THIS IS GOLD.
@viper2ko , I'll see if my local Tesla showroom has any demo cars with the new MCU2. Goes without saying, I'll do my bit to help the TMC community and maybe get referrals in the process too. :)

Reactions: viper2ko
I was renewing domains today and decided register a new one for everyone to test their MCUs without having to type in a long address.

Http://teslamcu.xyz

It just redirects to https://jsfiddle.net/qja8wjxc/3/show/

Can you update the teslamcu.xyz domain name to point to this version? https://jsfiddle.net/qja8wjxc/95/show/

I added some test shapes and scripts to nail-down the 1080x1920 vs 1200x1920 screen size thing.

I also added an error message display, because I tried it out in the showroom with some old-MCU model cars and the "misc data" area was empty, suggesting a script error.

Can you update the teslamcu.xyz domain name to point to this version? https://jsfiddle.net/qja8wjxc/95/show/

I added some test shapes and scripts to nail-down the 1080x1920 vs 1200x1920 screen size thing.

I also added an error message display, because I tried it out in the showroom with some old-MCU model cars and the "misc data" area was empty, suggesting a script error.

Done! Just have to wait for a DNS update to happen.

I agree.

They're free to change the price at any time right now too - and pricing is partly based on their own supply-chain.

I wasn't advocating or suggesting that Telsa should be able to change the price after you've signed the order agreement. What I am advocating for is some kind of advance-notice to prevent buyer's remorse and to keep customers happy.

Right now, the process is this:

1. Customer submits Custom Order online, pays the $2500 custom order deposit.
2. Customer waits 1-3 months for the order to be produced.
3. During this waiting period, news breaks of a significant update.4
4. While the customer is waiting, if their car had already entered production such that they miss the new update then they technically have the option of canceling their custom order and forfeiting their $2500 deposit and then make a new custom order (for another $2500 - so that's $5000 spent) with another 1-3 month wait with the update. I accept it's likely that a sympathetic SA/DS might be able to pull some strings to perhaps waive at least one of those $2500 payments, and it's true that we all contractually agreed to forfeit the $2500 if we ever change our minds - I accept that.

Instead, I'm proposing that after step 1: after the customer has paid the deposit, if there is a significant update planned then Tesla might advise the customer of something in-the-works and asking if they're okay with waiting an extra couple of weeks to ensure that their order gets the update - saving the customer the hassle (and another 1-3 month wait), but boosting their happiness with the company - while costing the company the extra custom-order revenue they would have otherwise received.
It would be costing the company the sale of that car. They have to sell it to somebody or it's just a pile of scrap. Be reasonable.

Instead, I'm proposing that after step 1: after the customer has paid the deposit, if there is a significant update planned then Tesla might advise the customer of something in-the-works and asking if they're okay with waiting an extra couple of weeks to ensure that their order gets the update - saving the customer the hassle (and another 1-3 month wait), but boosting their happiness with the company - while costing the company the extra custom-order revenue they would have otherwise received.

It could end up costing them the entire couple weeks of production. What if everyone said I want to wait? Now you have ~5,000 cars worth of old parts with nothing to do with them, not to mention furloughing all the production staff for two weeks. Unless you just build the cars anyhow and find somewhere to store them while you try to sell them at a discount.

Nope, Tesla shouldn't change a thing.

Is this 40X more processing power part indicative of the AP1 -> AP2? or the new MCU in the updated models from march?

Processing Power Increased 40x
To make sense of all of this data, a new onboard computer with over 40 times the computing power of the previous generation runs the new Tesla-developed neural net for vision, sonar and radar processing software. Together, this system provides a view of the world that a driver alone cannot access, seeing in every direction simultaneously, and on wavelengths that go far beyond the human senses.
link: Autopilot

no 100% confirmation if TESLA will make an upgrade or retrofit to get the new hardware. what they are saying right now, is NO. maybe that will change.

i would agree with your comment, it's like buying a NEW computer and it's outdated out of the box.

True, but EVERY new computer IS outdated right out of the box!

Trust me on this; I have been buying them for 48 years.

• Love
Reactions: Amit519 and bhzmark
I also heard a rumor that the new MCU als inclusief new Bluetooth receivers so that Model S/X can get the same pairing with a phone like Model 3 has.

The hardware is there (in the mirrors), but the software is lacking.

Can anybody confirm this?