Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X deliveries with Intel-based MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I picked up my Model S P100D, VIN 2476xx, manufactured week of March 5th. Went to whatsmyua.info ans got CPU undefined. I asked the DS if we could go in some of the Model S and Xs with March 12th build dates so we could run the same command and all were CPU undefined. DS felt I DID have mcu2. Not sure what to believe. One other note, double scroll wheel hard reboot worked which leads me to believe that it is the old MCU. Thoughts?

Also, all the displays seemed snappy. Especially on WiFi.

Oooooo. Not liking to read that. Mine is coming this week. March 12th start-of-build date. Gonna 4 sure load the whatmyua.info site in the browser before I sign for it......

So I picked up my Model S P100D, VIN 2476xx, manufactured week of March 5th. Went to whatsmyua.info ans got CPU undefined. I asked the DS if we could go in some of the Model S and Xs with March 12th build dates so we could run the same command and all were CPU undefined. DS felt I DID have mcu2. Not sure what to believe. One other note, double scroll wheel hard reboot worked which leads me to believe that it is the old MCU. Thoughts?

Do you have the lighted vanity mirror ? Look into those youtube videos of the new MCU vs old MCU. COmpare that to what you see.

How accurate is the production date? What does the sticker say on your driver door? It’d seem like most march builds are ones that are making to west coast. I am not sure if they can produce your car in March and is already delivered to the east coast.

Oh no! same vin for me and date. Guess I am getting the old since I am on the east coast and mine is delivered this upcoming week. Yikes.

I am supposed to take delivery in a week or so, in Europe. Pretty sure I don't have the MCU2 since build is is January. Should I take delivery, or forfeit the deposit? In Europe the deposit is equal to 3500$ give or take...

How accurate is the production date? What does the sticker say on your driver door? It’d seem like most march builds are ones that are making to west coast. I am not sure if they can produce your car in March and is already delivered to the east coast.
The sticker on the door says 3/18 I had the DS look up the actual build date in Salesforce (yes tesla uses Salesforce). And it started the build on 3/5. That also matched what I got on the website. I live in AZ do a west coast build. Like I said, we went into 3 other cars with a 249xxx vin and 3/12 build date an all had the same thing on whatsmyua.info

• Informative
Reactions: outie
I am supposed to take delivery in a week or so, in Europe. Pretty sure I don't have the MCU2 since build is is January. Should I take delivery, or forfeit the deposit? In Europe the deposit is equal to 3500$ give or take...

I had the same choice. Forfeited my deposit (although they ended up rolling it to my new reservation). This upgrade future proofs your vehicle more than anything they’ve done recently. A few months is nothing.

The sticker on the door says 3/18 I had the DS look up the actual build date in Salesforce (yes tesla uses Salesforce). And it started the build on 3/5. That also matched what I got on the website. I live in AZ do a west coast build. Like I said, we went into 3 other cars with a 249xxx vin and 3/12 build date an all had the same thing on whatsmyua.info

Wouldn't you be able to tell by the software 2018.6.50 or just by going to tesla inventory.com... also it should not lag when switching in between settings... from what I've seen the speed on the new MCU should be undoubtably much snappier. Try the maps, zoom etc.

I had the same choice. Forfeited my deposit (although they ended up rolling it to my new reservation). This upgrade future proofs your vehicle more than anything they’ve done recently. A few months is nothing.

I agree, but they will not role my deposit towards a new order... where are you located? Weird they should have different policies... my car is even ment to be delivered in January, so it's even delayed... I think they should show me some goodwill

C3DF5363-988C-468F-92FE-7D392FB695D0.jpeg 2FF3E6C1-38C0-4D0B-BC13-B5D2263946DC.jpeg
Wouldn't you be able to tell by the software 2018.6.50 or just by going to tesla inventory.com... also it should not lag when switching in between settings... from what I've seen the speed on the new MCU should be undoubtably much snappier. Try the maps, zoom etc.

Unfortunately, not near my car. I am on business travel so I didn’t note the software build. Although that number looks familiar. The speed is definitely there. Things do not take long to load. Map refreshes are pretty quick but I don’t have a real good point of reference. Coming from a Cadillac ELR where everything felt slow. I guess at the end of the day, I am happy because everything seems to work and is responsive.

Reactions: vraev
Instead of using whatsmyua.info, which is just a database of browser User Agents and could change over time, it's not definitive, use this site build specifically to test the User Agent in the MCU: http://teslamcu.xyz

This simply looks for the extra "x86_64" added to the User Agent string for MCU2:

For example --

User agent for MCU1:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux) Apple WebKit/534.34 (KHTML, like Gecko) QtCarBrowser Safari/534.34

User Agent for MCU2:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) Apple WebKit/534.34 (KHTML, like Gecko) QtCarBrowser Safari/534.34

The only difference is the x86_64.

Instead of using whatsmyua.info, which is just a database of browser User Agents and could change over time, it's not definitive, use this site build specifically to test the User Agent in the MCU: http://teslamcu.xyz

This simply looks for the extra "x86_64" added to the User Agent string for MCU2:

For example --

User agent for MCU1:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux) Apple WebKit/534.34 (KHTML, like Gecko) QtCarBrowser Safari/534.34

User Agent for MCU2:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) Apple WebKit/534.34 (KHTML, like Gecko) QtCarBrowser Safari/534.34

The only difference is the x86_64.
Thanks for the tip. I will give it a shot later this week when I get back

Oooooo. Not liking to read that. Mine is coming this week. March 12th start-of-build date. Gonna 4 sure load the whatmyua.info site in the browser before I sign for it......

Wouldn't concern myself too much with that. Scottsdale is not in CA. More than likely yours made the cut.

It's another refresh, hopefully one of many more unknown to come, employed to further perfect Tesla's creation. Glad to enjoy the ride.

View attachment 287500 View attachment 287501

Unfortunately, not near my car. I am on business travel so I didn’t note the software build. Although that number looks familiar. The speed is definitely there. Things do not take long to load. Map refreshes are pretty quick but I don’t have a real good point of reference. Coming from a Cadillac ELR where everything felt slow. I guess at the end of the day, I am happy because everything seems to work and is responsive.

If you have the tesla app on your phone the software version should be there... I think

• Helpful
Reactions: Ron4pro

You would have to decide yourself, I am for sure going to take delivery of mine in 2 weeks or so at least. I would even if I could roll deposit into the new order (which I haven’t asked about).

Reactions: jrad6515

Seems like the old MCU. I have a Model S 100D on order VIN: 2475XX. Had the OA check - also old MCU. Seems that there are different production batches going to different regions with varying MCU updates, regardless of VIN and Feb/Mar date of production. I haven't yet taken delivery ... Still weighing my options.