Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X Refresh UK Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Same email just arrived here - Model X Plaid reserved with price of £115k October 2021. When everything started changing it felt like a little victory as I was under the impression they honored those prices. So if the price goes up... Taycan here I come...

Same email just arrived here - Model X Plaid reserved with price of £115k October 2021. When everything started changing it felt like a little victory as I was under the impression they honored those prices. So if the price goes up... Taycan here I come...
They will hold the old prices for you. Only if they go down will it change in your favour

Fairly sure the prices have just come down $20k or so in the US. It may be more positive news on dates, or if you had a order with an actual price, that might be getting adjusted hence the update

Be good though if it’s a sign of deliveries.

Reactions: gangzoom
I got the same email, I am guessing it was just sent out automatically by accident.

I have a Plaid X on order with 7 seats, also at £121k.

If you take the US price, add VAT and import duty and convert it to GBP, the new price is still more than this. the current EU price is also more than this.

In France and Germany, the price for the Plaid X is E20,000 more than the LR. In the US, the Plaid is now just $10,000 more than the LR and includes 6 seats, adjusting for that it is bizarrely only $3,500 more than the LR. I don't think EU S and X prices have fallen, but they seem about right as they were actually lower than US prices adjusted for VAT and duties when pricing was reintroduced. In fact the LR is still cheaper than in the US.

Personally I feel that Model 3 and Y pricing is now around the right level, but S and X are still too expensive. They are still considerably more expensive than they were two years ago.

As an aside, I have been looking at the EQS SUV as an alternative to the X. In the US and Europe, the base EQS SUV is available for a couple of thousand more than the base EQS saloon. In the UK the cheapest EQS SUV is £24,000 more than the saloon. This is due to the compulsory addition of an expensive option pack in the UK. I think that many car makers have indulged in very aggressive pricing in the last year due to shortages and will soon find that this is unsustainable. The EQE is considerably more expensive in the UK than elsewhere, I suspect the pricing has been set by the high price of the Model S.

I don't know how all these moves impact the introduction of RHD Model S and Model X. On the one hand it seems like an easy source of extra sales so they may come a little sooner. On the other hand, I am not clear how disruptive it is to the production line to switch over to RHD and maybe they prefer to sell more LHD cars at lower prices.

Hasn't US S/X Plaid prices dropped by $20k. If LR prices return to more sensible levels, £60-65k we might be tempted. Hopefully Plaid prices will drop to below £100k.
..or they'll look at pre-order numbers, decide there's enough keen folk waiting a long time and offer the cars at a high price...only to slash that three weeks after the batch of deliveries...

..or they'll look at pre-order numbers, decide there's enough keen folk waiting a long time and offer the cars at a high price...only to slash that three weeks after the batch of deliveries...
That’s quite cynical… but very possible.

It may also be a way to confirm demand, I think they’re increasingly concerned about matching production to demand and they’ll not want a few hundred white (pick any colour) RHD cars unsold, which appears to have happened in the Nordics at the end of last year, there’s a rumour they shipped those to other regions, not something they can do with us.

Still plenty of countries driving our side of the road including Australia new Zealand and Japan
You're not going to ship a car from the US to the UK, and then if it doesn't sell within a few weeks ship it to Japan or Australia, especially as there are tweaks to the design, in each country. At least in Europe they're all the same spec and only a day or so away. I recall someone suggested they already listed inventory across boards in Europe.

You're not going to ship a car from the US to the UK, and then if it doesn't sell within a few weeks ship it to Japan or Australia, especially as there are tweaks to the design, in each country. At least in Europe they're all the same spec and only a day or so away. I recall someone suggested they already listed inventory across boards in Europe.
We've always had to wait for them and then they used to get shipped as partials completed in the Netherlands? Limit the overstock and do a deal with someone like enterprise for any excess...

As for HW4..might as well wait for HW5 😈

We've always had to wait for them and then they used to get shipped as partials completed in the Netherlands? Limit the overstock and do a deal with someone like enterprise for any excess...
They don't do the tax dodge anymore. Cars now arrive fully built.

We aren't sure why there were unsold vehicles at the end of the quarter in Norway. Possibly just people that didn't complete their orders or just Tesla taking a chance to oversupply on the thinking they would shift them before quarter end to boost their end of year sales figures. I think it is unlikely that S/X vehicles will be sent to Europe without an order associated to them going forward but there will always be a few where the sale falls through after the vehicle is put on a ship.

If current hardware can’t do it; they will have to. Technically they said all cars have the hardware already before they did so lawsuits will come
I think the question is "whats FSD?" Your view, my view and Teslas views could all be very different. They've never written it as being level 3 or upwards that I'm aware of. In that sense, so the car might be capable of the greatest driver assistance pack ever known, but will never be responsible.

As for Tesla upgrading, they have on some things, but not paid on the MCU. Time will tell.