Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S/X Round Steering Wheel & Retrofit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me, the only thing that is evern partially blocked is the little speed limit sign that shows up as a street sign icon on the top right of the display. At certain angles, my high-beam indicator lights are obscured. For me these are minor things and the benefit of the wheel is well worth it.

Anyone know if the stock yoke off an X will fit a Model 3?

Hey there,

Unfortunately, the stock yoke designed for the Model X is not compatible with the Model 3. However, if you're interested in customizing your Model 3's steering wheel, we have a yoke steering wheel option available that might pique your interest. It's currently priced at just $409, and you can find more details by following the link below:

teseryteslaaccessories_1_a1154791-9ab4-46b5-970a-b0a99e7ff8f2.jpg

Feel free to explore this option if you're looking to make a unique upgrade to your Model 3. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.

Hey there,

Unfortunately, the stock yoke designed for the Model X is not compatible with the Model 3. However, if you're interested in customizing your Model 3's steering wheel, we have a yoke steering wheel option available that might pique your interest. It's currently priced at just $409, and you can find more details by following the link below:

teseryteslaaccessories_1_a1154791-9ab4-46b5-970a-b0a99e7ff8f2.jpg

Feel free to explore this option if you're looking to make a unique upgrade to your Model 3. If you have any more questions or need further assistance, don't hesitate to ask.
Or you can also just be a sane person and just keep the f'ing steering wheel.🥲

• Love
Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Can you be more specific? If you are taking about using the Tesla yoke it would have to go in either a Refresh (2021+) S or X. Nothing else.
I’m buying a 2023 MSP, likely with the steering wheel. I wanted to know if going from the wheel to the yoke was a possibility. Earlier threads had some claim that the SC told them it wasn’t possible.

Both ways most work!

Here’s the challenge.

When Tesla swaps the yoke for the round wheel, they replace the airbag … and don’t leave the old one behind.

So to go from wheel to yoke, you’d need both the yoke AND a yoke-style airbag to do it right. Yokes are easy to find on fleaBay or whatever. That yoke-style airbag isn’t. You’d have to get that directly from Tesla service, and that may not be easy.

Here’s the challenge.

When Tesla swaps the yoke for the round wheel, they replace the airbag … and don’t leave the old one behind.

So to go from wheel to yoke, you’d need both the yoke AND a yoke-style airbag to do it right. Yokes are easy to find on fleaBay or whatever. That yoke-style airbag isn’t. You’d have to get that directly from Tesla service, and that may not be easy.
Ok, I got a MSP in stock with the yoke.

I planned to give it a month and then change to the round steering wheel, as I thought the yoke was a joke.
From that position it would not be hard to change back.

Ok, I got a MSP in stock with the yoke.

I planned to give it a month and then change to the round steering wheel, as I thought the yoke was a joke.
From that position it would not be hard to change back.

The problem is, when they change the yoke to the round wheel, they take the yoke’s airbag and you don’t get to keep it.

So going back isn’t as easy. You could - in theory - use the round wheel’s airbag with the yoke, but the internal bag is different, so in event of accident, we don’t really know how well or badly it would protect you. It’s a risk.

The problem is, when they change the yoke to the round wheel, they take the yoke’s airbag and you don’t get to keep it.

So going back isn’t as easy. You could - in theory - use the round wheel’s airbag with the yoke, but the internal bag is different, so in event of accident, we don’t really know how well or badly it would protect you. It’s a risk.
Would be worth asking Tesla if the wheel airbag is compatible with the yoke one.

Just had the round wheel retrofit. I’m a bit dumbfounded on how much different the car feels in a very good way. There’s zero obstruction of the driver display. My only minor gripe is the wheel material is not supple like a real leather wheel. Oh, and the size is perfect Imo.

Reactions: VikH
Just had the round wheel retrofit. I’m a bit dumbfounded on how much different the car feels in a very good way. There’s zero obstruction of the driver display. My only minor gripe is the wheel material is not supple like a real leather wheel. Oh, and the size is perfect Imo.
Obstruction will be dependent on driver height/position. At 6’5” the wheel cuts off a ton for me.

Reactions: SilverGS
Obstruction will be dependent on driver height/position. At 6’5” the wheel cuts off a ton for me.
I am 6' 4". If you adjust the seat and steering wheel to the best position for control and driving, none of the dashboard is obscured for me. Laid back seat with low steering wheel and airbags not pointing at your chest will block the dash screen every time.

I am 6' 4". If you adjust the seat and steering wheel to the best position for control and driving, none of the dashboard is obscured for me. Laid back seat with a low steering wheel airbags not pointing at your chest will block the dash screen every time.
I'll give it another go, but there's so many things going on here that may not be the same between you and I, for example upper torso height versus lower torso etc. I have my seat at the lowest position, and the yoke at the highest position and out pretty much all the way toward me (give me maximum leg clearance), with the seat back quite a bit so my legs fit. With the wheel when I was sitting in a demo car, the top right and left of the driver's display was cut off.

Reactions: dsm363