Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 2015 deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it would be really interesting to have a comparison of the before / after cost... drop in gasoline expense, increase in electricity bill. Annual cost for other consumables, service, repairs, insurance, etc. The difference aught to be staggering.

Not to mention your time, depending on how you value it. My participation in this forum is worth somewhere in the ballpark of $843k/year.

..and that's at minimum wage.

Not to mention your time, depending on how you value it. My participation in this forum is worth somewhere in the ballpark of $843k/year.

..and that's at minimum wage.
So you spend more than 318 hours a day in this forum?

But on the flip side, absolutely, add all the time wasted at gas stations. It bugs me whenever I drive our minivan and have to go to the gas station... what a waste of time (and money... and the SMELL!!!)

Took delivery of #291 yesterday in LA. It is an impressive ride. First electric vehicle for us and the car has a lot to get acclimated to but overall initial impressions is great. Family loves it. Extremely smooth ride. This is replacing my wife's Cayenne GTS.
Wonderful news! Thanks for sharing and for a great first post! Be sure to give some detail on the color/decor choices and anything else you wish to share.

One tip in Los Angeles. KFI AM radio can be found on 103.5 FM HD2. Thank goodness for HD Radio to solve the missing AM band in Model X for some stations not available on Tunein.

Your minimum wage and mine just differ. :wink:
I was going with the federal minimum wage of $7.25. My mistake. Assuming you spend about 15 hours a day on the forum (sounds about right for me most days), that makes me guesstimate your minimum wage around $160 an hour - which I also agree with as reasonable.

In summary: you and I are in full agreement. Now where do I send my PO to get that invoice for 2015 paid?

Took delivery of Sig # 674 on the 29th at Fremont following fantastic factory tour that's included for buyers taking factory delivery. Drove down to LA on Driver Assist about 90% of the way. Only complaint are the funky sun-visors which have to be continually adjusted when driving into the sun and they still don't seem to really work. Otherwise the car epitomizes perfection in both performance and style. Interior design makes you feel like you're flying a corporate jet.

I am finding that when making a quick turn, my hand works faster than the visor.

It is amazing that the new Model X visor can be lowered to positions normally not found on other vehicles.

A visor video would be an excellent idea for Tesla to give us the right instruction and eliminate the guess work.

I am finding that when making a quick turn, my hand works faster than the visor.

It is amazing that the new Model X visor can be lowered to positions normally not found on other vehicles.

A visor video would be an excellent idea for Tesla to give us the right instruction and eliminate the guess work.

How to use the Model X Sun Visor and Vanity Mirror - TESLARATI.com
Image: http://i.imgur.com/FbI8VDJ.png
FbI8VDJ.png

Last edited by a moderator:
The video makes it look so easy. My visor extension and mirror panels don't drop so easily.

The video also doesn't show the additional flexibility of placing the magnetic holder higher above and behind the mirror to allow it to be positioned much lower on the window in an unfastened location for those setting sun drives into the west.

Monday 12/21/15; our Sig X #0023x arrived at the delivery center, Tuesday 12/22/15; upon calling for status I was asked "are you available this evening around 7:00pm if the vehicle is ready?". A very exciting call and one that unfortunately prompted me to get the kids excited about a holiday road trip. Later that evening I was told that the delivery wouldn't occur, there was a mirror problem and we would know more the next day. Wednesday 12/23/15 4:11pm; no word yet so I text the DS and receive a response "It's actually down in the back of our service center being worked on by 2 of our technicians. I wouldn't be able to unveil it just yet, but we are making progress. It's not looking like it'll be ready this evening but we may be able to have you come down tomorrow morning. I'll give you a call when I'm certain". 6:30pm; I call the DS and am told that the roof glass is bowed and the car won't be ready, I tell them I want to come see the car. Thursday 12/24/15; I visit the service center to look at the vehicle, the roof glass is indeed bowed in 2 locations, since the weather strip seems unaffected I ask if we can take delivery of the vehicle with a due bill so the kids can have their road trip. Service notes the glove box will also not open and that only a regional manager could approve the delivery. I email the regional manager requesting delivery. Saturday 12/26/15; I speak with the manager who states the rear seat post is inoperable and the car will not drive without the part being replaced (even though the car was driven at the service center when I viewed it days earlier). I expressed my disappointment, explained to the family that the road trip wasn't happening, and booked flights to our destination. Saturday 1/2/16; we return from our trip and I call the delivery center for status-I'm told I should call back on Monday.

Manufacturing issues are difficult to manage but customer experience is not. While our previous deliveries of a P85+ and a P85D have been a pleasure our model X experience has been horrible at best.

Monday 12/21/15; our Sig X #0023x arrived at the delivery center, Tuesday 12/22/15; upon calling for status I was asked "are you available this evening around 7:00pm if the vehicle is ready?". A very exciting call and one that unfortunately prompted me to get the kids excited about a holiday road trip. Later that evening I was told that the delivery wouldn't occur, there was a mirror problem and we would know more the next day. Wednesday 12/23/15 4:11pm; no word yet so I text the DS and receive a response "It's actually down in the back of our service center being worked on by 2 of our technicians. I wouldn't be able to unveil it just yet, but we are making progress. It's not looking like it'll be ready this evening but we may be able to have you come down tomorrow morning. I'll give you a call when I'm certain". 6:30pm; I call the DS and am told that the roof glass is bowed and the car won't be ready, I tell them I want to come see the car. Thursday 12/24/15; I visit the service center to look at the vehicle, the roof glass is indeed bowed in 2 locations, since the weather strip seems unaffected I ask if we can take delivery of the vehicle with a due bill so the kids can have their road trip. Service notes the glove box will also not open and that only a regional manager could approve the delivery. I email the regional manager requesting delivery. Saturday 12/26/15; I speak with the manager who states the rear seat post is inoperable and the car will not drive without the part being replaced (even though the car was driven at the service center when I viewed it days earlier). I expressed my disappointment, explained to the family that the road trip wasn't happening, and booked flights to our destination. Saturday 1/2/16; we return from our trip and I call the delivery center for status-I'm told I should call back on Monday.

Manufacturing issues are difficult to manage but customer experience is not. While our previous deliveries of a P85+ and a P85D have been a pleasure our model X experience has been horrible at best.

That's really unfortunate. It has to be frustrating for the Service Centers to have to fix all of these issues that shouldn't have been present when the vehicle left the factory.

Since Tesla can't meet your timing expectations at this point, I hope they're able to meet your quality expectations when you finally get your car.

Feel bad for you. Good news is that all the issues will be fixed when you take delivery and you will not have to visit the service center.Please update when you take delivery.

Very unfortunate to hear of your difficulties. It's one thing when you live close to a Service Center, but when holiday travel schedules are affected it's tough.

I find the seat post / can't drive information interesting. My 2nd row right seat won't move fully back and latch, so a warning occurs that it should not be used. No drive problems however.

One benefit is if all the improvements will result in more reliability on the road. Getting stuck needing repairs isn't fun, but Tesla Motors can make it a bit more exciting when you need a repair at the Factory Fremont Service Center.

May Monday be the start of enjoyment with Model X. Happy New Year and I hope you can join us for brunch some Sunday with OC Tesla group.

The main differences between that story and that of the other 500+ waiting for delivery such as myself are...
1) they were repeatedly over optimistic in getting it ready for you. This is obviously really bad.
2) they actually told you what was going on in detail
For most of the rest of us it seems the cars finished production a week or two ago and are still being finished... Meaning they are probably going through a few repairs similar to yours, we just don't know the details of what they are. Your experience demonstrates how much stuff they must be fixing with all the other cars coming off the line, mine included...

Very unfortunate to hear of your difficulties. It's one thing when you live close to a Service Center, but when holiday travel schedules are affected it's tough.

I find the seat post / can't drive information interesting. My 2nd row right seat won't move fully back and latch, so a warning occurs that it should not be used. No drive problems however.

One benefit is if all the improvements will result in more reliability on the road. Getting stuck needing repairs isn't fun, but Tesla Motors can make it a bit more exciting when you need a repair at the Factory Fremont Service Center.

May Monday be the start of enjoyment with Model X. Happy New Year and I hope you can join us for brunch some Sunday with OC Tesla group.

@MarkZ nice to see you have copyrighted your posts. .wonderful.