Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 60D is Gone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect the difference is between those who paid $2500 and $3000 for AP1 what sucks (well from my perspective anyways) is the ones who paid $2500 lose the discount they got on $2500 AP1 before the price increase when they upgrade to APE
Ah good point. I forgot the price went up on that recently. I only paid $2500 originally so maybe I'd have to pay $2500 more.

I suspect the difference is between those who paid $2500 and $3000 for AP1 what sucks (well from my perspective anyways) is the ones who paid $2500 lose the discount they got on $2500 AP1 before the price increase when they upgrade to APE

I'm in a similar situation: mine went in production from 4th of October. It was shipped 8th of October (to Belgium, EU). I have no confirmation yet that it will have the new hardware.
Believe me: if the DS tells me it has the new hardware, and I can just upgrade to the AP2 and full autonomy for the price difference - I will be a VERY HAPPY PERSON!

Otherwise, I could drop my 3k prepayment and re-order. But with a similar config now with only the 75D available, it will cost me 19.000 euro more on top of that. Still I would consider it as this option is so valuable to me.
So, personally I think you are very lucky to have the option of paying a bit more for a potential much more valuable spaceship transporter device ;)

I am lamenting the demise of the X60. Was in the contemplation stages of trading my S for an X60. Wife wants an X, but with the effective entry price going up, I'm just going to stick with the S. I am envious of those of you who got in on the 5 seat 60 and will now also get AP 2.0. Kind like a lottery win!

I am lamenting the demise of the X60. Was in the contemplation stages of trading my S for an X60. Wife wants an X, but with the effective entry price going up, I'm just going to stick with the S. I am envious of those of you who got in on the 5 seat 60 and will now also get AP 2.0. Kind like a lottery win!

Thank you. I'm feeling lucky as well, but to be honest, the car is still very expensive for me. But would have been completely out of range if forced to buy a 75D.

At least you have an S as compensation!
I got lucky ordering a 60 MX towards the end of August days before the price increase ! I was also lucky and avoided the increase in October and the much higher entry point once they had withdrawn the 60. All in all I am around 10K better off when taking into account the uplift in base price and options so yes a lottery win indeed and that`s without taking into accountthe new hardware.......
If I had waited a couple of months there wouldn't of been a chance of buying a MX, it was a tough call justifying spending that amount for a 60 which for me was the by far the better value when taking into account the identical performance of the 75 and the small difference in range ............

Doesn't it suck though to lose the discount?

Yes, stinks to have to spend $500 more... I'm going to wait till after delivery see the reviews of people using AP 1 on AP2.0 hardware vs AP2.0 on AP2.0 hardware and see if there is a noticeable difference before I pay to upgrade (I know there are some other features like auto lane change and enhanced summon that I could probably live without.

When full autonomy is available, they can take my money to upgrade to that!

Yes, stinks to have to spend $500 more... I'm going to wait till after delivery see the reviews of people using AP 1 on AP2.0 hardware vs AP2.0 on AP2.0 hardware and see if there is a noticeable difference before I pay to upgrade (I know there are some other features like auto lane change and enhanced summon that I could probably live without.

But then you will be paying $3,500 to upgrade to EAP instead of $2,500... (Assuming that they haven't raised the price of EAP by then.)

yup, but if it's no material improvement over what I already have then I'm not paying anything until full autonomy is available which is most likely over a year from now.

Given it will be using 4 cameras instead of 1 I would hope it is materially improved. (They also make it seem like they won't use the new long range ability of the ultrasonic sensors.)

Here is what they list as being the features in EAP not in AP Convenience Features:
  • Smart Summon
  • Self-park when near a parking spot
  • Autosteer+
  • Automatic lane change
  • On-ramp to off-ramp navigation
  • Transition from one freeway to another
  • Match speed to traffic conditions (Not sure if this is just TACC or enhanced to account for weather/construction/etc.)

I hear ya... For me the only item on that list I would really care about is AutoSteer+ if it does a much safer / better job...

Automatic lane change could be very cool, will see the reviews to know if it's more than a nice to have. I imagine it's not weaving in and out of tight traffic at 70mph.

My garage / driveway is straight, not sure how much help smart summon would be, but would need to know how capable this feature is, maybe it could do a lot more. I don't image it'll be allowed to leaving a store parking space and pick me up out front.

On Ramp to off ramp navigation is really only saving you a minute or so from when you otherwise need to take over anyway...

From what I've read self parking is slower than just doing it yourself, but that could be better now as well...

Can't wait for the reviews to start coming out (hopefully end of Dec)...