Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X 60D upgrade poll

Did you upgrade to 75D?

• Yes

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • No - will never do it regardless of cost

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • No - waiting for it to drop from $4,500 to $2,000

Votes: 14 53.8%
  • Yes - will do it for $4,500 in the future

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Doing it for performance whenever I get an appointment. 100% of the reason. Only other part is I hopefully will "retain" on resale or book value.

Should have add a yes in the future option just for me.

I asked Tesla if by upgrading from 60D to 75D you qualify to get uncorked and they just replied making it sound like it's not available to all owners. Is uncorking available to all 75D's regardless of VIN/production date?

"Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support.

I understand that you are wondering if your model X is eligible for the upgrade of the battery and to be uncorked. Your car should be eligible for the upgrade from 60kw-75kw. From that point we would have to send your information about your car to Diagnostics to evaluate if you can be uncorked. Let us know when you purchase the upgrade."

Looks like I got the same type of reply.....

“I have checked your vehicle information in our system again. There is currently no indication in our system that your vehicle is eligible for the performance upgrade at this time. The upgrade involves a number of software and hardware factors working together, so what applies to another Model X might not apply to your individual vehicle. We are constantly working to improve all of our vehicles, however, so do keep an eye out for future updates that may apply to your car.”

Seems odd to me. I’ve followed every thread and forum on this topic and to date don’t know of any MX60D drivers that haven’t been eligible for the perf upgrade....

Just to update everyone .... I did an “exec escalation” email after the initial response and they (very quickly) replied saying I was eligible for uncorking after all.

Still can’t bring myself to pay the $4500 but at least I know what I get for it if I do.

To date I don’t think we have record of ANY X60D owners who absolutely can not get the uncorking after upgrade....

I had voted "Yes"

But felt an update would be helpful. My upgraded MX 75D has degraded down to 212 miles of range. At 212 miles vs 200 miles for a 60D, I do not feel it was worth it. Luckily, I had the car uncorked in the process; so I am happy with the acceleration upgrade. However, many are saying now that they are no longer uncorking with the upgrade. If that's the case, I wouldn't go from a MX75D from a MX60D. I would just keep it a 60 and charge it to 100%. Especially at it's current cost of $4500 still.

With that said, my MS 75D has not experienced any degradation. If my MX75D was in the same situation, I would still be a "Yes" but $4500 is a lot for a roll of the dice.

I had voted "Yes"

But felt an update would be helpful. My upgraded MX 75D has degraded down to 212 miles of range. At 212 miles vs 200 miles for a 60D, I do not feel it was worth it. Luckily, I had the car uncorked in the process; so I am happy with the acceleration upgrade. However, many are saying now that they are no longer uncorking with the upgrade. If that's the case, I wouldn't go from a MX75D from a MX60D. I would just keep it a 60 and charge it to 100%. Especially at it's current cost of $4500 still.

With that said, my MS 75D has not experienced any degradation. If my MX75D was in the same situation, I would still be a "Yes" but $4500 is a lot for a roll of the dice.
Whoa they stopped offering uncork? If so I wouldn’t bother with the upgrade. As you mentioned charging it to 100% would be wiser as that’s more than 60kWh IIRC, like 62.x and 75 is more like 70-72.

I finally convinced myself to do the upgrade. I recently did a drive from TX to FL with a packed car and would not have made it without the extra range.

The thing you guys need to remember is that the 60KWh level degrades as well. If your 75KWh number is now 212 then the equivalent 60KWh 100% charge would also be down. Maybe it would be like 180 miles by now.

When I did my upgrade my 100% charge at 60KWh level was like 190-191 for example. The range boost was nice for my road trip and the uncorking is fun too.

I finally convinced myself to do the upgrade. I recently did a drive from TX to FL with a packed car and would not have made it without the extra range.

The thing you guys need to remember is that the 60KWh level degrades as well. If your 75KWh number is now 212 then the equivalent 60KWh 100% charge would also be down. Maybe it would be like 180 miles by now.

When I did my upgrade my 100% charge at 60KWh level was like 190-191 for example. The range boost was nice for my road trip and the uncorking is fun too.

How much of difference is uncorking? Do you know your 0-60?

Reactions: MelaniainLA