Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X April Deliveries

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vin 508X has just "entered the early stages of the production process. Typically this means that it will be finished in about 2 weeks. However, production timing can be very fluid." This is per my DS (who is very responsive to email questions.) This 90d vehicle will have the basic cloth seating (6 of them). It is going to be delivered to my home (as we live in rural Humboldt county, CA at least 300 miles from a Tesla store.) It had a late March - April delivery designation. Excitement is growing!

Reactions: umeshunni
After 5 Ford Expeditions and 4 Range Rovers, Here I am waiting for my X P90DL with everything else. My build went final on the 3/29/16 and I was told that it should be done at the end of April. I am full of hope and I believe I will need a VIN this week for this to happen.

My brother who reserved his X long ago just got a letter my email from Jon Mcneil President, Global Sales and Service which stated....
"Please take advantage of your reservation preference by configuring in your MyTesla account now. If you confirm now, the estimated delivery window is April/May 2016"

It seems that production is moving right along now for the X.

I did my build with everything (because I wanted most of the cool fast stuff) and I was told that it would help speed up delivery because

Thanks to all for the well wishes. Delivery occurred on schedule in San Rafael. A nice young guy provided a pretty brief summary of the vehicle, and was very patient as we did our walk through. A handful of due bill items, all relating to fit and finish issues (scratch on one rear seat back, plastic trim fit issues, etc.). Nothing major.

It's early to give full impressions, so I'll say that the road and wind noise might be slightly more than my 2014 Classic S, but not enough that it's a big deal for me. I was concerned about that based on other reports. Wohmman drove (it's her car after all). She said it felt pretty much like driving our S. I'm taking it out this afternoon and will have personal feedback.

6 seat config is going to work out great for us. I'm not a fan of the console. I also notice that passenger foot room (width-wise) is narrower than in the MS. I don't know if this is console related or what, but I prefer the foot space in the S. The floor mats are the same flimsy cheap material as the S. The lighting is a bit of a joke, just like the MS. So there's some consistency there.. ha. Thankfully for me, those things aren't a big deal. I can buy aftermarket mats. And I don't drive at night very often.

So we've had limited experience with the doors - open and close a bunch of times at delivery, opened for a picture (attached). Then I got into the garage and tried opening both. Driver side opened partially, enough to get out but definitely tight. Passenger side opened about 3" and triple beeped. Then it wouldn't close or open any more. I tried the override, same thing - loud single beep for close, loud triple beep for open. I gently pushed at the bottom and it was close enough that it latched, but the door was completely misaligned. I then tried opening it and the same thing occurred again, but it opened enough that I couldn't close it. I opened it the full span of the door manually and tried closing again; nothing. Then I got in and hit the override while pulling down slowly. Little by little it came, continuing to override, pull, override, pull. Then I noticed it adjusting at the midpoint hinge and it closed naturally. Phew. I haven't opened it again since, but will be giving it plenty of iterations this afternoon.

I'm trying not to be that kid that says he doesn't like the food before he even tries it.. so I'll reserve what I'm really feeling about these doors until some time having them.

All in all, slightly anticlimactic. I mean, after 2 years of waiting and over 2000 posts on TMC as well as countless hours browsing and reading, anything short of a Dragon capsule would have been anticlimactic. Very happy to have it home and in my possession, though.

Requisite pics. I swore I wouldn't do a wing photo, but.. oh well.

View attachment 170696 View attachment 170697 View attachment 170698
Beautiful! Congrats

After 5 Ford Expeditions and 4 Range Rovers, Here I am waiting for my X P90DL with everything else. My build went final on the 3/29/16 and I was told that it should be done at the end of April. I am full of hope and I believe I will need a VIN this week for this to happen.

My brother who reserved his X long ago just got a letter my email from Jon Mcneil President, Global Sales and Service which stated....
"Please take advantage of your reservation preference by configuring in your MyTesla account now. If you confirm now, the estimated delivery window is April/May 2016"

It seems that production is moving right along now for the X.

I did my build with everything (because I wanted most of the cool fast stuff) and I was told that it would help speed up delivery because

Let me know when you get a VIN. I am still waiting for mine and was promised a mid-April delivery date

So to continue my story for those following....the DS in Fremont and the DS in Palo Alto can't seem to agree on the status of my car or whether I will get it on Saturday.

I have told both that if they can't agree they should escalate to management or have somebody in logistics find the true status.

I am giving them until Thursday, at that point I will not be so accomodating

Reactions: umeshunni
Just saw a vin #555X assigned as of early am.
90D, Pearl white, 22" black onyx wheels, all options besides fidelity sound and cold weather!
Reserved 10/15
Ordered 3/17
Confirmed 3/20

Hoping for a May delivery.
Wondering if I can request home delivery as I am 250+ miles from nearest tesla store